4 replies to this topic

#1 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:03 AM

So my old Bose dock appears to have packed up. I'm going to have a look to see if it can be saved, but there is an alternative option. I have old car speakers in the garage, plus a large MDF board. I'm thinking of making a wall mounted enclosure and mounting to the wall. I want to either play via Bluetooth or dock my phone (maybe an alternative input as well).

What do I need to think about if using car speakers for this? I know they need power and inputs but after that I couldn't say what else. It's just speakers; no amp and no sub (at least for now!)

It's going to be mounted on the wall in the garage and mostly used to play Planet Rock throughout the Summer as I have a few things I need to do out here. Thank in advance for any tips. I know a Juke Box has been made with a touch screen before, and Inhave to be honest, that would be pretty damn awesome but I really don't want to spend much, if anything, other than a bit of time.

#2 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:31 AM

I'm also thinking a cheap tablet might serve the Jukebox function pretty well. Just need to work out the best way to connect it up in a box.

#3 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:41 PM

A cheap tablet would be ideal.

There are various cheap or free jukebox software on the net.

I use Album player which isn't free but is very good for the £25 it costs you would need to have a windows tablet for it to work though

The only issue would be storage space if you wanted to have your music on but then SD cards or USB sticks will suffice.

If it's just digital radio you require, then a tablet, internet connection, small amp and speakers will be ok

If the tablet has a 3.5mm jack, then you can get various small cheap amplifiers which can be connected up to any speaker, even your car speakers you mention would be fine.

This amp served me well when i first built my juke box http://www.ebay.co.u...hAAAOSwX~dWj2YV

Pretty basic but sound is great for the price.

All of this could easily be mounted in an mdf box

Edited by Ben_O, 26 March 2017 - 01:42 PM.

#4 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:11 PM

Thanks Ben. I'll have a look and see what I can find on flea bay.

#5 Turbo Nick

Turbo Nick

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,913 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis.co.uk

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:18 PM

I bought a cheapo £40 soundbar, mounted it across my shelves over the workbench out the way. Then just bluetooth spotify from my phone or ipad, takes up no room and does exactly what I need it to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users