#1 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:16 PM

Hey, at the risk of losing these to another member :P what would Innocenti front windows be worth? I know they're mega rare, but I've always wanted them so I've got a fairly high bid on them, but what would a fair price be, just out of interest really so I have a rough idea   :-)

Also can someone confirm, I believe these use different winder mechs to the normal mk3 on windows?..... the chap thinks he may have the correct ones. Hope so as i bet they'd be a sod to find a pair! lol

Cheers 

Edited by megamini_jb, 26 March 2017 - 03:18 PM.

#2 InnoCooperExport

InnoCooperExport

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Seven Club Nederland

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:44 PM

As far as I know the winder mechanism is the same. I have some in my workshop for my Cooper 1300 Export as well as some from an 1100 Special and they look virtually identical to me. The doors are indeed not cheap and especially in the UK there's not many about, you can usually find the quarterlights for sale over here on the continent but the shorter windup windows are harder to find. Beware the weatherstrip as they are no longer available so if they're bad you will need to make your own from standard ones which can be more than a bit fiddly I hear. 

#3 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:02 PM

Ok thanks for the reply. Good to hear regarding the winder mechanisms. I'm just going by a photo I saw and they looked slightly different to the normal mk3 on ones. 

By the looks of it the chap is selling everything ready to fit the complete windows into the doors. Well hopefully anyway!

Thanks!

#4 InnoCooperExport

InnoCooperExport

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Seven Club Nederland

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:43 PM

I must apologise! I was in the workshop this afternoon and noticed they are different and quite as well. The Innocenti item only has one arm! The arms is also on the other side of pressed plate when compared to the standard item. I took some pictures for you, the left is the innocenti item and the right is the standard.

DSC_3472.jpg

DSC_3473.jpg

#5 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

Thank you for posting them photos! I had a feeling they were different, but wasn't 100% sure

The chap selling the windows said he had them, but after he sent me a photo, they're just normal mk3 ones, so I'm glad you posted that photo now. I really want the windows, but problem now is what are the chances of me finding just the Inno winders!

Jamie

Edited by megamini_jb, 28 March 2017 - 06:54 PM.

#6 Tupers

Tupers

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:27 PM

I'm pretty sure I've got a pair of Inno winder mechanisms. I'll have a look tomorrow.

#7 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,904 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:10 PM

I'm not certain but certainly worth following up on.

I know you're posting was in regards to the regulator, however it appears that the Window and the flipper winder in these doors is the same as what we had here from 1965 to end of production in 1978. Looking at the regulators above though, ours in this regards were different.

I mention this in case you are looking for other door parts, eg;-  http://minikingdomon...frame-mini-lhs/

These guys have a LOT of parts, many new for our Australian Doors and will be able to advise what's interchangeable with the Inno Doors.

Edited by Moke Spider, 28 March 2017 - 09:10 PM.

#8 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

I know you're posting was in regards to the regulator, however it appears that the Window and the flipper winder in these doors is the same as what we had here from 1965 to end of production in 1978. Looking at the regulators above though, ours in this regards were different.

I mention this in case you are looking for other door parts, eg;-  http://minikingdomon...frame-mini-lhs/

These guys have a LOT of parts, many new for our Australian Doors and will be able to advise what's interchangeable with the Inno Doors.

They're different unfortunately. looked into this before. The aus doors are like Mk1's and the small window doesn't go into the corner of the door, is the corner chopped off.

Could you not modify a normal MK3 winder to suit?

#9 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,904 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:52 PM

They're different unfortunately. looked into this before. The aus doors are like Mk1's and the small window doesn't go into the corner of the door, is the corner chopped off.

Could you not modify a normal MK3 winder to suit?

I've never had a MK3 Reg to see what could be done with them.

In regards to the flipper windows, I think the difference here is that we have a small triangular 'filler' fitted.

I only saw a window set for an Inno Mini for sale in the last week, and when I looked at them, it all looked the same as what we had, hence why I bring all this up here.

#10 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:34 PM

You most probably could modify a normal mk3 winder without much hassle, but I'd want the proper ones, especially if I was to pay my max bid! I'm impatient too :P I'd want them on straight away lol!

Edited by megamini_jb, 28 March 2017 - 10:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users