#1 BenMcMin

BenMcMin

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:06 PM

Hey guys, i am looking into pricing for a respray
Can i get a vague pricing for me to hand them my mini as is and them do all the work and hand it back to me all shiny and new paintwork.

Even better yet if you could give me a good workshop in surrey for prices.

Thanks for future replies will help me out alot. :-

#2 TOMMO0302

TOMMO0302

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:30 PM

Try Pm'ing 'Blitzbodyshop' or emailing on [email protected]

They are in Fareham so not too far...new company who seem to be good value. Has anyone used them yet?

Other than that, search for respray or something, there have been 100's of posts with people comparing quotes etc.

#3 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:50 PM

To give you a ball park figure, plus some hints: :-

For a full respray including prep work, expect a decent job to cost around £600-1000 and a sprayjob that 'will do' around 350 downwards. Problem is.... prices can vary so much... it depends on the quality of work, but some sprayers are very modest and only charge pittance for a show class shine lol! seek around, and play quotes off a eachother!

You can get the price down by stripping the car for them as much as you can. things like:

Headlamps, indicators and rear lights out.
Windows out.
Grill + ariel off
bumpers and arches (if applicable) off.

Carpets out,
Back seat out.
Back shelf off.
Passenger seat off (take drivers out too if you're not driving it to the spray shop.)

Doing this partial strip down (though I've covered most removable items) will mean they have less work to do when preparing the car for spray, hence, lowering your price!

As said above, check out the search function,... though all the results that come up can be daunting!
Blitzbodyshop seem to be very helpful nice people. I'd certainyl give them some time and see what they charge etc.

Edited by Retro_10s, 18 September 2006 - 03:24 PM.

#4 BenMcMin

BenMcMin

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 02:33 PM

Thanks guys, big help :-

#5 blitzbodyshop

blitzbodyshop

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 04:07 PM

give us a pm explaioning what exactly you want doing and im sure we can help

#6 ~yello~

~yello~

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 06:35 PM

my car's going for a respray in launceston (cornwall) on october 16 and it's gonna set me back £800. that's including a bit of welding on one a-panel and the sills (or maybe it was just one), taking a couple of dents out of the roof and general de-rusting around the seams on each side between the doors and the rear windows, the bottom of the driver's door, the sills and a bit on the guttering around the roof.

as long as it comes back shiney shiney (and all one colour again!) then i'm more than happy with that price :-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users