• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 MiniGrin

MiniGrin

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Local Club: Loud 'N' Lairy MOC (Sheffield)

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:54 PM

For sale is my beautifully evil looking genuine 1275 GT from 1979 (old T Reg). They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and to me what could be more beautiful than a slab fronted, wide, evil…. Or possessed…. little mini with a scouring look on its face as if you had just signed its wife’s death warrant. This GT started out life with the one option selected, metallic baby blue paint, but due to some dents and it just not being to my taste has undergone a huge nut and bolt restoration including a sizable number of tasteful period modifications both body and engine rebuild. Now in old English white with a black roof, arches, wheels and highlights it’s freshly restored by a professional mini restoration company in Sheffield, Steel City Classics. To compliment this the engine, brakes and suspension has been uprated to that of a “Fast Road” mini. It is also a perfect track day / hill climb / historic racer with its OMP Vintage bucket seats 5 point harnesses and roll cage.

The restoration involved the following work:
-Strip down to bare metal (remarkably no rust found!)
-Replace rear N/S quarter panel due to a poor quality previous repair (looks like a slate/axe had hit the panel…. Somehow) with heritage panel.
-Address minor dents and other marks around the car.
-Modify arches to take larger wheels, this involved welding back in a factory looking lip, also adding strength.
-Remove engine and bare metal engine bay.
- Remove and bare metal Sub frames
- Rub down underside
- Stone Chip underside
- Smooth front lower panel.
- Prep for paint.
- Prime
- Paint in OE White and Black
- Finishing work on paint once hard.
- Underside sealed and painted in body colour.
- Make and Fit lower front grill.
- Paint Sub frames in hammerite. No rust present
- New brake lines all round
- New radius arms
- New brake shoes, dress drums, paint drums, new cylinders
- New KAD 4 pot alloy race brakes with race spec pads, requested red anodising, vented grooved discs.
- New Adjustable tie bars, adjustable top arms, adjustable bottom arms, adjustable ride height and performance red dot uprated cones, uprated adjustable GAZ gas shock absorbers all round.
- New adjustable rear camber arms.
- All adjustable suspension set up with laser 4 wheel alignment.
- New X pin Diff, new CV Joints.
- Brake servo fitted
- Gearbox Full rebuild including new bulk rings, synchro, 2nd gear, final drive, 1st motion and all bearings.
- Engine stripped down
- Crank reground and fitted with new shells and bearings
- Block bores rehoned
- Top of block skimmed rising compression
- Head ported and polished
- Head skimmed and new valve guides fitted.
- New Conrods
- New valve followers (high quality)
- New dished pistons
- Mini sport race Roller Rockers and double valve springs (fitted by Mini Sport)
- Mini Sport st510 uprated cam
- Rolling Road Set up by Mini Sport
- Engine painted and fitted with new mounts, and additional steadies.
- Solid sub frame mounts used.
- Bullet wing mirrors, bonnet pins, new bumpers, new door handles, new glass all round including HRW.
- Interior has a full leather dash, GT dials and Midget rev counter, smiths aux dials, race wheel, Italian job 3 point cage, full leather interior including 2 new vintage OMP racing bucket seats with full 5 point harnesses, new matching door cards, gaiters, chrome toggle switches and air horns.
- Sides of underiders painted black to give a darker look.
- ITG foam filter and MED engineering stubby ram stack with cold air feed, flowing through a ported and polished inlet manifold.
- LCB performance exhaust manifold, and optimum size and flowing Maniflow performance 2” centre exit single box exhaust.
- 3 Core Radiator and new fan, new water pump, oil pump, alternator, fan belt, coil, ht leads, plugs, filter, and coolant.
- VERY rare Super Mini wheels, these are more commonly known by the replica’s name of Super Trax. These super minis are however the original Japanese mini race wheel. All with Dunlop tyres fitted.
-HIF44 uprated Carb

I’m sure there is more I’ve forgotten about or not listed.

As you can see, it’s been comprehensively restored with many performance and visually enhancing modifications. It’s been a real passionate labour of love, costing over the asking price and 2 years of work (as I frequently went down to assist and get in the way). I’m sad to be selling the car after it being my everything for the last two years, however due to losing my job and the mini having eaten all my savings in the restoration, im forced to sell. I really can’t stress enough how begrudgingly im selling, and how every last detail has been covered.

The car drives exceptionally, it really is a road going race car / go kart to drive, keen handling, and with a fantastic engine note that vibrates though every inch of the car and hearing the gargling sound of the induction system. The engine pulls strongly through the rev range, and must be one of the fastest around. Its done just 10,000 miles since restoration (including proper running in procedure). Stiffly sprung however with the bucket seats it is strangely comfortable. At all the classic car shows and runs I’ve been on it really is a show stopper, winning some Show and Shine events. Comes with lots of old sales brochures and GT based Memorabilia, Leyland workshop manual, full folder of work done and parts used, long MOT and Full detail by professional detailing and show Preparation Company.

As well as a show car, and fun classic, its also an exceptional track day prepared / historic racer / hill climb classic race car, although I’ve never myself raced it, it’s been built with that in mind.

It’s a fantastic car, my dream, the only minor down side is it could do with some new front tyres, a minor £200 cost which I’ve taken into account when pricing it.

So to summarise, a high spec genuine (GT on logbook) Classic Mini 1275 GT from 1979, fresh restoration, sympathetically modified, and a reluctant sale from loss of job. This is a bit more unique than many other generic “Modified” minis out there, and every last detail has been looked into and as such has some interesting unusual touches. £12,300, call me, James on 07762756849 to arrange viewing or to have any questions answered. Tyre kickers welcome…. I love showing it off, just let me know so I don’t get my hopes up. Situated in Hope Valley, Derbyshire, (Nr Sheffield). For serious buyers im willing to meet them somewhere. Im not going to be dropping the price, although I need the money, im not about to give my pride and joy away.
For pictures see... http://s1327.photobu...w=recent&page=1

1_zpstjd99mds.jpg8_zpssxgoakvc.jpg4_zpsky9aquzp.jpg10_zpssji86o4a.jpg3_zps0ih342cf.jpgWP_20150919_16_48_34_Pro_zps57pmu6j1.jpgWP_20150919_16_41_42_Pro_zpsiqx4rfho.jpgP1000881_zpsw3w29qpr.jpgP1000832_zps6ytpvggj.jpgP1000859_zpsghumjz71.jpgP1000861_zpseyvizw3o.jpgP1000830_zpsiya3vaqr.jpgWP_20151009_13_15_25_Pro_zpsi2qhdpdd.jpgWP_20160515_14_20_45_Pro_zpsmmwsmwos.jpgWP_20160515_14_20_25_Pro_zps0ugw6rma.jpgWP_20150911_16_34_35_Pro_zpskm8lqhz8.jpg

#2 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:14 AM

That is lovely!

#3 MiniGrin

MiniGrin

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:44 AM

Thanks mate :) gutted to be selling but needs must :/

#4 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,642 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:47 AM

Looks amazing James, never knew your GT looked like that! Shame your selling! 

#5 MiniGrin

MiniGrin

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:42 AM

Hahaha thanks, been a rediculusly deep restoration (mostly from me being ott) and dexiswolf (steel city classics) have made me a real one off little monster. Would love to keep it but sadly can't be. Still doing all the mini shows etc in the metro.

#6 MiniGrin

MiniGrin

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:00 PM

Still for sale by the way. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users