#1 jonlad

jonlad

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:26 AM

Hi folks

Not mini related I know but I sometimes feel like I need to make excuses for not working on the mini project :shy:

Well my latest excuse is that our venerable VW T4 needed some work doing before we take it on our holidays this summer. It's a SWB panel van which we put some windows, some insulation and an ikea Lycksele sofa bed into and have toured a lot of the UK and Europe in.

First task was wheels and tyres. The 17 year old steelies have definitely seen better days and with new tyres needed I decided the time was right to buy some new ones and give them a lick of paint. Not sure I like the green wheels as much as the silver but it was the wife's choice :lol:

From this...

DSC_0077_zpspsqbirc0.jpg

To this..

DSC_0079_zpsepqnscum.jpg

I also did air/oil and fuel filter change and replaced the pollen filter which I think might have been original VW fitment :ohno:  it was filthy!

DSC_0073_zps3pepyrb1.jpg

and while underneath the old girl I noticed that the bottom of the radiator was rotting away and it was all looking a bit sorry for itself. Managed to find a new one for about £50 so not wanting it to start leaking a long way from home, I thought how hard can it be O_O  haha  (in all honesty these vans are very easy to work on!)

very sorry looking van...

DSC_0074_zpskdte6uwd.jpg

DSC_0075_zpsspqk4hxk.jpg

and all back together (just grille to fit!)

DSC_0078_zpssm4hmitg.jpg

Still to do today are new brake disks and pads and a new battery!

Edited by jonlad, 02 April 2017 - 07:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users