#1 Lio

Lio

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:11 AM

Hi all,

I'm new here, from Brussels in Belgium and I think I finally found the right place to discuss Mini transformations !

We are 3 friends and bought an old Mini for 500€. I don't know exactly of it worth or not nor the exact model but ... instead of going to a simple restauration we decided to go for a Hayabusa kit, then I found Z-Cars!

We are complete novices and we have time, it's our sunday challenge.
The goal is to get that car on a track here in Belgium (we have Spa, Zolder, Mettet, etc ...).

We are low budget of course, so I need advice and honestly I don't know where to start from. Buying a new kit? a second hand kit?
First of all, is the car we bought OK for doing such transformation ? I attached some pictures.

Thanks,
Lio

Attached Files

#2 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:51 AM

Hi all,

I'm new here, from Brussels in Belgium and I think I finally found the right place to discuss Mini transformations !

We are 3 friends and bought an old Mini for 500€. I don't know exactly of it worth or not nor the exact model but ... instead of going to a simple restauration we decided to go for a Hayabusa kit, then I found Z-Cars!

We are complete novices and we have time, it's our sunday challenge.
The goal is to get that car on a track here in Belgium (we have Spa, Zolder, Mettet, etc ...).

We are low budget of course, so I need advice and honestly I don't know where to start from. Buying a new kit? a second hand kit?
First of all, is the car we bought OK for doing such transformation ? I attached some pictures.

Thanks,
Lio

I suggest you guys get on the Eurostar and visit the new Z-cars workshop. Experience what Dave has to offer and then formulate a plan. Budget dictates everything, so set yourselves a budget, add 50% and you'll be somewhere close to what it will cost, due to unforeseen costs along the way.

As long as the shell is not rotten it'll be a good starting point, everyone's gotta start somewhere.....

Good luck and please keep us all up to date with your progress....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users