#16 RedRuby

RedRuby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Local Club: No

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:47 PM

Very nice, now all I need is that lottery win and my order will go in. Only surprise is that they have not fitted a five speed box wonder if that is an option.

Scroll down a bit and it says:-
Livin' For The City
"The original engine has undergone a complete transformation, having been completely rebuilt with brand new parts throughout and tuned to perfection. The standard car now produces 30% more power than the originals The engines outer body has been cleaned and painted, whilst the oil filler cap and filter are colour coded with the cars exterior paint selection.
The power increase is perfectly mated to a manual five speed transmission that channels the cars energy through every shift and encouraging you to change gear, simply for the pleasure of it."
http://www.davidbrow...ini-remastered/

Thanks for that missed the bit in the text about the 5 speed gear box, was going off the gear stick which only shows 4 speed.

#17 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,804 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:13 PM

Very nice, now all I need is that lottery win and my order will go in. Only surprise is that they have not fitted a five speed box wonder if that is an option.

Livin' For The City
"The original engine has undergone a complete transformation, having been completely rebuilt with brand new parts throughout and tuned to perfection. The standard car now produces 30% more power than the originals The engines outer body has been cleaned and painted, whilst the oil filler cap and filter are colour coded with the cars exterior paint selection.
The power increase is perfectly mated to a manual five speed transmission that channels the cars energy through every shift and encouraging you to change gear, simply for the pleasure of it."

Thanks for that missed the bit in the text about the 5 speed gear box, was going off the gear stick which only shows 4 speed.

Some of the press reports only seem to mention a 4-speed gearbox so maybe 5-speed is only an option?

#18 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,804 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:14 PM

How much are they going for?

Starting price seems to be around £50k

http://www.autoexpre...-with-50k-price

#19 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:46 AM

Livin' For The City

Some of the press reports only seem to mention a 4-speed gearbox so maybe 5-speed is only an option?

5 speeds including reverse?

#20 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:21 AM

Their website seems to mention 4 speed a lot.

Also mentions climate control - interested how they have done that (or should I say plan to?).

I think they have only actually built the mint green one - the rest I'm sure are all photoshops. You'll notice most of them (apart from the mint green one) don't have the holes in the front valance for accessing the front subframe mounts.

#21 mister bridger

mister bridger

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:51 AM

Interesting to note that here on TMF the reaction is mostly positive, but over on the Mk1 Forum they all absolutely hate it!

#22 greenmini1275

greenmini1275

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:58 AM

£50k, hmm if I sell all three of my cars, my wife and son and everything in the house, I might just be able to scrape that up and keep a roof over my head.

It would be daft if for that price they didn't fit a 5 speed box, hell for that price I'd want a full Jack Knight 16v, 5 speed engine.

Edited by greenmini1275, 07 April 2017 - 08:00 AM.

#23 psmini

psmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:05 AM

Shouldn't like it but I do (not all aspects).  Love how a new coachbuilt mini is causing such a stir 17 years after the original went out of production.

#24 Van13

Van13

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Local Club: Unknown

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:35 AM

Not on the mk1 forum but I agree with them thumbs down,some of the talented chaps on here could build something like that without the price tag to match

#25 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:50 AM

I'm sure they could build one for a lot less, but to offer it to the market as a viable product backed up by warranties etc and turn a profit.....?

#26 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,896 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:07 AM

Will it have ABS?!

#27 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:13 AM

Love it, something different!

#28 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:28 AM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=atG4O9Fa7cs

#29 greenmini1275

greenmini1275

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:34 AM

I can't believe the amount of extra bracing they welded into the shell. The attention to detail is stunning.

#30 minisilverbullet

minisilverbullet

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,799 posts
  • Name: Craig

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:02 AM

The Interior is beautiful. 

I would feel a little short changed for that price, lots of the parts appear to be of the shelf from your run of the mill mini suppliers (wheels, wing mirrors, headlamps etc). 

They state they have upgraded the suspension and brakes, I can't imagine that these are bespoke parts and are more than likely the same upgrades many of us make on our own cars. 

Same goes for the engine, I think they had a real opportunity to upgrade that instead of what looks like a standard MPI. Bit of a miss there i think. The opportunities are endless, as we all know. A 7 port, 16v , supercharged etc. 

I know that this concept worked for their DB5 remastered car built on a Jag platform, that car beyond the ability of even the most skilled mechanics. I cant help but feel that the mini they have produced, isn't beyond what others could do, even a well accomplished amateur. I mean we just need to look at some of the cars on here and other forums, which in my opinion are comparable too this. The aftermarket parts available for the mini, coupled with its popularity and the innovation of those who own them, results in what I think a miss for DBA. You could spec a similar car for easily half the price. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users