#1 Omz45

Omz45

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:25 PM

Hi all,

I have for sale an immaculate Mini 30 which I recently acquired. 

I purchased the vehicle a few weeks ago and had plans to mod it to get it to my desired look (sportspack arches and alloys etc) however given how clean and true it is to its Special Edition specification, I feel it would be better for someone to enjoy this mini (lets call her Gabby) in her unmolested form

Please bear with me as i'm not a mechanic

Background

Bodywork/Paint

The owner before the previous one to me (we'll call him M) performed a full restoration of Gabby, the pictures of the restoration came with Gabby and will be passed down to the next owner, I will try and include as many pictures as I can within the listing

She was put on a roll over spit and and full respray was done on the entire car, this included underneath the floor, on top of the floor and all panels. I'm not sure what extra protection was done underneath - I am happy to answer and specific questions/take necessary pictures upon request

Subframes were also taken out and sprayed

What I think are wood and pickett arches (please feel free to correct me) were also sprayed in the same original colour

Its safe to say the paint looks stunning, full of lustre and shine. There a few layers on insulation on the floor, when they are pulled back, there is a nice shiny cherry red floor waiting for you.

Interior

Interior is how it should be inside a Mini 30.

It retains its:

- Part leather seats with Mini 30 trim

- Red Carpet which looks almost new

- Red Mini 30 steering wheel

It has a modern cd player with an AUX in on the front and also speakers on the back parcel shelf, all working well

Suspension/Brakes/

The car definitely looks like its sitting lower however I have no way to confirm what is being used to lower it. I assume HiLo's have been used but again - I am happy to answer and specific questions/take necessary pictures upon request

It has disk brakes at the front however, I cannot confirm whether they are 7.5" or 8.4" - the look like 7.5" but I will try and measure them tomorrow (any easy way of determining this without taking the wheels off?)

Brakes are very good, nice and sharp.

Its sitting on a set of immaculate 12 inch alloys

Full set of yokohama A539’s which look brand new

Engine

I was told that M was restoring Gabby for his nephew and you can definitely see the love that has gone into her.

- Engine was upgraded to a 1275cc - it has 1275cc on the log book

- Stage 1 kit

- Mini Sport air manifold

- Mani Flow exhaust Manifold

- Straight through exhaust

- K&N air filter

She drives extremely well, pulls in all gears and is a pleasure to drive.

I have been told she has a 1275 cooper leaded engine in her so lead substitute is added when filling her up. I was quite surprised how cheap it is, it's about £9 for a bottle which would see me 6-8 months at least.

Engine doesn’t leak any oil or water

The engine conversion was done in 2008 and M moved both the engine and the the mileage clocks from the Cooper into Gabby, as a result, we have a true reflection of the actual mileage the engine inside Gabby has done.

MOT  - 06/04/17     Pass     70025 miles     No Advisories

I also have two receipts from the Surf Blue Garage in February and March 2014 for £679.45 and £811.70

The work was carried out after L2B was completed and a few electrical issues were noticed, the work list is quite extensive but i’ll note the most significant work

- Service Engine

- 12V supply added

- Cavity wax

- New Fuel overflow pipe fitted

- New Heated screen fitted

- New Heater matrix fitted

- New Starter Motor fitted

- New Electronic Ignition fitted

- New front screen seal fitted

The previous owner endeavoured to retain the Special Edition specification and had the following done

- 5 Mini Thirty wheel caps specially made

- Mini 30 lines added to the sides of the car and the badge to the back

The price will include the private number plate - i will be putting this onto retention and a new reg will be issued, I will process this as soon as possible

For completeness, i will add there are 2 very small bubbles under the paint, 1 on the passenger door bottom and the other behind the back chrome bumper. Please excuse the low light pictures, by the time i remembered to take the pictures it went dark so i had to get the torch out.

When I went to buy Gabby, the previous owner accidentally hit the plastic casing off the indicator stalk which is how the horn works. The horn still works however can get stuck, i will try to re-attach the spring inside it.

Price - £4150

Location - Leicester

I hope i’ve covered everything, the car is best appreciated when it is seen so please do come down and see it

Any questions please give me a call - 07733466333

Thanks

Omar

Attached Files

Edited by Omz45, 02 May 2017 - 09:50 AM.

#2 Mini Waco

Mini Waco

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:32 PM

Where can we see photos?

#3 Omz45

Omz45

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:38 PM

Hi Mini Waco, they were failing to upload initially, going to try again now :)

#4 Omz45

Omz45

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:39 PM

Price has been reduced to £4150

Edited by Omz45, 02 May 2017 - 09:50 AM.

#5 toppers3933

toppers3933

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:36 PM

Is this still available? And if so is it possible to come have a look? I'm in Leicester too. Cheers.

#6 Omz45

Omz45

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:56 PM

Replied to text - more than happy to have people to view her in the evenings and weekends

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users