How was the whole process of recovering? I would like to do it with my cards, too, but I really have no idea how to fix the new cover to the cards...
It was relatively simple. I took lots of photos but I lost several of them so I was unable to do a guide.
Here is the link to my project were you may get some ideas:
There are lots of ways to go about it but what I did was:
1. Remove the old door card coverings.
2. Clean / fix any damage (they usually split by some of the plastic clip holes - I fixed these with fibre tape).
3. Measure and cut out some foam to exact size of the door cards - the proper stuff is scrim foam but I used carpet underlay which worked out well (mine was to thick at 9mm).
4. Measure and cut out the vinyl covering - make sure you have enough overlap to fold over the back and attach with staples.
5. Mark and cut out where the holes are in the foam for the window winder, door latch etc.
6. Stick your foam onto the door cards with carpet adhesive.
7. Stick the vinyl onto the foam with the same adhesive.
8. Fold the vinyl over the back of the door cards and staple into place. As you go around fold the corners over before the straight edging as this gets a better fold.
9. Cut out the holes for the windscreen winder and door latch and mark where the screws go through for the door handle.
10. Fit to the door.
alles ist gut