21 replies to this topic

#16 tiger99

tiger99

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,584 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:21 PM

greenmini1275, the Sidewalk is a strange case which I totally agree is tragic. It could be saved. So two of us have now "moaned" about the same thing.

Not having a go at you, but someone higher up the thread!

My personal critics please note, and perhaps read and understand (well maybe not, that needs a brain) what I actually said! I was moaning about sheer wanton vandalism of what certainly could have been a good car.

I meant the other piece of Mini, more rust than Mini I think, and with no proper ID on the partial shell, is not economically saveable.

Anyway the intention of this thread was to poke fun at certain Ebay hopefuls..... We see those from time to time.

#17 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:54 PM

The point is that it is NOT economically saveable, not is it likely to be able to go on the road legally. Evidently some people can't understand things like that.

I've spent £3500 restoring a £2500 Morris minor, I doubt I'm the only idiot out there? :-)

#18 greenmini1275

greenmini1275

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:54 PM

Nope I've spent £3k restoring a £3k car and I'm not finished, I reckon I e got another £2k.

tiger99, it's not the first time I've seen it in eBay. Breaks my heart to think of a completely original car being split.

#19 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

Happy place on tmf today lol.

#20 ryan22_lgm

ryan22_lgm

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Local Club: north devon mini register

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:32 PM

I'm failing to see the point in this thread? Any mini can be restored look at some of the projects on here! In fact the panel list is near on the same no matter what case. That mk2 is fixable just needs the right person to buy it. A full m-machine floor and half the problem is sorted.

#21 tiger99

tiger99

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,584 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:47 AM

Yes, if it was maybe £100. But what he was asking, plus the cost of restoration, would be way more than it was worth. I suspect that the roof is the only usable panel. So the first one is a scrapper. I was just having a laugh at what he was hoping to get for it.

The second one on the other hand saddens me as it would not cost nearly as much to fix and should not be broken up.

#22 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:15 PM

Thew sad reality with many breakers is the high value and easy to sell stuff go's quickly and leaves you with a large pile of stuff relatively few people want.

You then have to spend the next 6-12 months trying to sell that stuff, dealing with all sorts of time wasters and morons before making any actual money.

Many people end up giving up, sending a load of it to the scrap yard and not making any real money for the time they've spent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users