22 replies to this topic

#1 acekid55

acekid55

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:18 PM

Is there anyway of finding out Reg quickly by using the vin number as I've had a mini sprayed and lost number plates and now having trouble locating log book!

#2 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:30 PM

Nope

#3 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:10 PM

If you know someone in the motor trade who has access to Experian Autocheck they may be able to input the vin and find you the reg number.......

https://www.autocheck.uk.experian.com/

#4 2deano5

2deano5

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:50 AM

pm me the vin, I'll see if I can help

#5 Mk1Dave

Mk1Dave

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:12 AM

Don't you have the log book?

#6 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:03 PM

Fishy

"Is there anyway of finding out Reg quickly by using the vin number as I've had a mini sprayed and lost number plates and now having trouble locating log book"

Can call dvla if you're the owner and you can write to them,

Sounds more like I've found a vin plate and want to see if I can get a v5 for it. Let's not feed the stolen mini issues guys

Edited by minihobbymini, 20 April 2017 - 03:04 PM.

#7 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:22 PM

pm me the vin, I'll see if I can help

I'd hold back, I know you want to be helpful but if the OP is the genuine owner they'll be able to write DVLA to obtain the reg number.

#8 acekid55

acekid55

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:55 PM

Thanks 2deano5 but managed to find log book. Pity some people have to think the worst of people when they haven't got a clue about them!

#9 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:05 PM

If I owned a car like a classic mini that I'd worked hard on, I'd know the reg. stripped and sprayed or not.
If I couldn't find the v5 and I had for some reason never taken a single picture of my pride and joy??( I mean it's not like we all have cameras on our phones?) And bumped my head hard enough to forget it's reg I'd still call dvla before starting a thread on an enthusiasts site asking for a quick workaround.

Don't dig a hole buddy.

Now if you'd come on here with pics past and present with a better story then maybe we wouldn't be so synical? But we're sick of our cars getting stolen and people targeting them as it's easy to obtain identities etc.

You could be a priest and I'd still be synical with a story like yours. Know you or not I stand by my "fishy" comment.

Let's not google some pictures of someone else's car to back you up either.... we've seen it all.

Start a new account fresh and move on away from this nonsense

#10 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:24 PM

when they haven't got a clue about them!

Exactly!

Why should anyone help you regarding an identity of a mini when we don't know the identity of you?

Edited by CityEPete, 21 April 2017 - 06:26 PM.

#11 acekid55

acekid55

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:21 PM

Who said I've worked hard on it?? Not me! Who said it's my pride and joy?? Not me!! And who said I'm you buddy? Defiantly not me! It's a mini I've brought cheap to do up to earn money so no I'm not going to memorise the Reg. Ringing dvla wouldn't get me anywhere they would simply tell me to fill out the correct form and then wait 8 weeks while it gets processed but I thought I'd try and save myself a bit of time and ask the "helpful" mini experts but I get people like you thinking the worst of everyone and having a go!

#12 Boycie

Boycie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:33 PM

You've got to admit it though, it does look a bit dodgy- new member signs up, needs reg. number for his own vehicle..

#13 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:56 PM

Who said I've worked hard on it?? Not me! Who said it's my pride and joy?? Not me!! And who said I'm you buddy? Defiantly not me! It's a mini I've brought cheap to do up to earn money so no I'm not going to memorise the Reg. Ringing dvla wouldn't get me anywhere they would simply tell me to fill out the correct form and then wait 8 weeks while it gets processed but I thought I'd try and save myself a bit of time and ask the "helpful" mini experts but I get people like you thinking the worst of everyone and having a go!

The reaction you've got from forum members is due to the amount of fraud currently going on regarding Mini identity. As already stated it does look suspicious, a new member joins and wants to find out a reg number of a car they claim to own yet they don't have the necessary paperwork. On top of that you now say you've bought it to make money out of it and just want help from the forum but don't want to contribute to it. You've not even subscribed but you want help just to make money. It still sounds suspicious.

#14 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:58 PM

Shame you think so little of the car but each to their own.

You can't contact the guy you bought it from? Or are you saying you've had it a long time so can't? Odd either way... think about it? Long time but cant remember reg or just bought it but didn't see/ check its reg but somehow you're the registered keeper?

Your other thread points to a car/shell you aquired recently with an engine you're trying to identify as a 1275 GT...a car it seems in my opinion probably was purchased with no identity and you're trying to 'create' a car with a new identity. (My opinion and not that of the forum or its founding members) and 'could' have a dubious past?

I'm not "having a go" or being "unhelpful". I'm trying to protect the interests of real mini enthusiasts who build and restore their cars they care about... their "pride and joy" . I'm sure you can understand that and not take it as personal? I'm not calling you a thief? I'm not saying people like you are what's wrong with the world?
I'm protecting a joint interest of real enthusiasts and "experts".

"People like me"? What did you expect on an enthusiast site? Car flippers.. people just trying to make a quick buck? People ringing cars with dubious intent? People who don't care for the marque? Not likey.

I feel I need to address the "having a go" comment... I gave you an opportunity to walk away without digging further into a hole. You would have been welcomed back to start afresh even though we can see your ip etc and know it's still you.
Giving you a clean slate.. it's your choice to continue this thread.

#15 acekid55

acekid55

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

Here are the pictures of mini and the mini engine I was trying to identify. I have put a sheet of paper with my user name to show I haven't just googled a picture like you thought I might. And as for me not caring about classic cars or minis I am a member of the British mini club, and own another two minis and also a mint hillman super minx. But as you may understand it costs money to maintain and look after these so do up a few minis to make a bit extra cash and maybe even save the odd car that would be broke and lost forever. Thank you

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users