2 replies to this topic

#1 rolesyboy

rolesyboy

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:50 AM

Hi All, I have disconnected the wiring loom on my 2000 MPI. All plugs in the engine bay and dashboard etc are disconnected. The last step is to figure out which way I extract it.

The plug for the ECU appears way  too big too fit through the triangulated stiffener on the drivers side bulkhead. What is the correct procedure for removing this? Do I bring everything from the dashboard etc through the triangulated plate or do i need to remove the individual wires from the ECU plug/block?? Hope this makes sense. Sorry but MPIs are new territory for me. Cheers. Mark

#2 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:16 PM

The engine loom is a completely separate loom from the body loom. the two will come out independently of each other. Only the body loom passes through the bulkhead and the triangular stiffener.

#3 MacGyver

MacGyver

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:45 AM

As Sprocket said, the loom is in two pieces.
One connects all the sensors around the engine and comes off from the 'main' loom.
Then the remaining cables go thru the bulkhead in to the car.
If you are removing the cables going to the rear lights etc. you might want to attach a cord or something and pull it thru when you remove them, it will make refitting easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users