Photo
- - - - -

Wipers Only Work On Fast, Not On Intermittent And Slow?

electrical

Best Answer Macast , 30 August 2017 - 09:52 PM

I changed both the wiper motor and the gear inside it to make sure  and it fixed the problem. Which of the two it was I'm not sure, but I didn't see the point in swapping the motor without a new gear and vice versa. Hope you get your problem sorted but I think it would be worth getting a new motor and gear, especially if they have been in for quite a while or are looking tired. All the best.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Macast

Macast

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Local Club: British Mini Club

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:20 PM

Hi all, recently I noticed that my intermittent wipers stopped working (down on the wiper stick). Not a problem, I'll just manually turn my wipers on and off when I need to. But, a few weeks later the slow wipers have stopped too (moving the wiper stick up once), but my fast wipers are working.

Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Thank you :)

#2 Lloydie Boy

Lloydie Boy

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:01 PM

I'm getting the same issue with the intermittent wiper option but both sloe and fast are working. Interested to know what could cause it as would like it fixed

#3 Macast

Macast

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:52 PM   Best Answer

I changed both the wiper motor and the gear inside it to make sure  and it fixed the problem. Which of the two it was I'm not sure, but I didn't see the point in swapping the motor without a new gear and vice versa. Hope you get your problem sorted but I think it would be worth getting a new motor and gear, especially if they have been in for quite a while or are looking tired. All the best.

#4 Lloydie Boy

Lloydie Boy

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:06 PM

Nice one Macast I'll give that a go. cheers

#5 Macast

Macast

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:56 PM

If that doesn't sort it I'd guess it's a wiring problem? But I reckon that changing both of those will fix it. From asking around they seem to be common to stop working.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users