3 replies to this topic

#1 Jimmybob

Jimmybob

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:05 AM

Hi I have an spi 1995 sprite purchased as a none runner I've tried to start it but there is no spark but turns over Iam not sure if there is an immobiliser the guy I purchased it off says no there is a black box screwed to the dash passenger side ywz 100050 2LB can anybody identify this box thankyou

#2 sinister

sinister

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:56 AM

Try a new crank sensor. I have just put the engine back in my '95 spi and managed to cut through the crank sensor wires on the front panel. Engine turned over but no fuel or sparks. A couple of hours of head scratching and checking connections  later i found the cut wire, joined it, and it fired straight up. Just got to get a new sensor now!

With regards to the immobiliser if you don't have the alarm key fob chances are there is no immobiliser as i have the same black box behind the dash but no alarm or immobiliser. The other halfs Mpi has alarm/immobiliser and  the immobiliser kicks in after the key has been removed (within a minute or so) and if you try to start it without pressing the unlock button the engine won't even turn over.

#3 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:08 AM

I'd have thought it would have a Lucas 5as alarm/immobilizer system either fitted or bypassed? Google what they look like and see if that's what you have tucked away.

#4 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:05 PM

Look for item no. 7  It seems that it is the part used in lieu of the alarm as a link. 

https://www.rimmerbr...m--i-GRID000451

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users