89 replies to this topic

#76 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:56 PM

I like the look of that rack - I've seen a similar one here called the 'Comet' that I've been considering for my car. Just can't quite decide between that or the traditional Monte Carlo rally type. 

#77 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:32 PM

I like the look of that rack - I've seen a similar one here called the 'Comet' that I've been considering for my car. Just can't quite decide between that or the traditional Monte Carlo rally type. 

I had the same debate going, but I personally like the semi modern feel that this adds.  It's a bit more curvy and sleek.  But what difference does it make when I load it up with.....

thumbnail_IMG_0628_zpsrsoih09r.jpg

#78 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:01 AM

Glad to see it's not just for show!

#79 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:24 PM

Glad to see it's not just for show!

Oh yeah, for sure.  I'm actually planning on the car being an advertising piece for my business.  So I've been thinking of actually carrying samples and giveaway items in some of the luggage.  I also have a idea in my head for the boot, just need to put it on paper and then build it.

#80 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:59 PM

Quick question before I proceed, and make it more difficult for myself.  When I removed the old brake line, I don't recall there being a copper washer.  The new lines don't give any idea to how they should be mounted, so I am asking you all.  Have I mounted this correctly?  I know it may seem amateur, but brakes are something I want to make sure I have buttoned up 100%.

C9FD6F21-5CE2-4CF5-B5AC-8386EB38FBA3_zps

903F9F89-5588-432C-B40E-05A5426325DB_zps

Any and all help is much appreciated.  I have a 3 year old who likes to come out and "help" me work on the car.  His "help" consists of moving my stuff all over so it isn't where I left it.  Oh well, such is life....and I am happy he wants to come out and wrench with me.

#81 miniireland

miniireland

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:45 AM

Really cool car gonna follow this one

#82 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:20 AM

You shouldn't have a washer there - the seal is made by nipping the flare on the end of the pipe between the tube nut and the female fitting

#83 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:55 PM

You shouldn't have a washer there - the seal is made by nipping the flare on the end of the pipe between the tube nut and the female fitting

I thought it looked odd, that is why I asked.  Thanks for the help.  I just didn't want to get the radiator all put back in and then have to deal with it.

#84 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:56 PM

Really cool car gonna follow this one

Thanks!  It's taking it's sweet time getting put back together, but once it's done....it should be sweet!

#85 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:51 PM

Just an update.  Haven't had a chance to get out and do anything on this baby yet in 2018.  Decided to have sinus surgery on the 3rd to kick off my New Year right!  But, I have been working on this car for quite some time and was really missing the entire joy of driving it.  So I went and did something a bit wild.....I purchased a 1991 1275 Carb'd mini cooper from Japan!  It will begin it's journey over here to the U.S. in the next week or so.  I am extremely excited, and when my project is done one or the other of these cars will be sold.  I'll post a couple pictures to show you what I'm expecting shortly.

1991Cooper_zpsn2xlavf5.jpg

1991CooperInt_zpsjbhcixcq.jpg

#86 JamesC

JamesC

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:58 PM

Wow the new Mini looks great! Hope the suregry went well.

#87 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:46 AM

Wow the new Mini looks great! Hope the suregry went well.

Thanks!  Surgery went well, still having some weird after effects from the surgery but I'll be back at it before you know it.  

#88 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:15 PM

So this project has taken a little bit of a turn....or a big turn for that matter.  I am looking for a buyer right now and have some interest as it sits.  Obviously I've got to get it back to where it can roll, but I just have no time to work on it and it deserves to get out.  Not to mention I have the green beast coming as I type this from Japan and I should be getting that by the first of next month.  So I need to clean out the garage to welcome the new member to the family.  I am looking for someone who wants to get this back to it's original glory, not just use it for parts.  That is the mission, because this is a really solid car that deserves some TLC.

#89 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:28 PM

Well, it is officially the end of the 1975 Mini chapter in my life.  The new owners shipper picked the car up last evening and it is on it's way to Spokane, Washington.  I'm looking forward to keeping up with the project, because his plan is to strip it down and do the bodywork and have it done by April.  So it should really be fun to watch it transform into what I was hoping for in the first place.  I just didn't have the time to allot to the car in order for it to happen in a decent time frame.  Thanks all of you that have commented and followed this build.  It has been fun, but I will probably start a new thread about my 1991 Cooper that is on it's way to me as I write this.

IMG_1355_zpspw1hj8l1.jpg

IMG_1360_zpssk4bpkph.jpg

#90 MasterD78

MasterD78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:10 PM

Last post on this thread.  I have officially sold off the '75 and purchased a '91 from Japan.  You can go and see my new thread here!  Thanks for following along on the 2 year build of the white one, that didn't go exactly as planned.  But it's the joy of having options.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users