31 replies to this topic

#31 Albannach

Albannach

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:56 PM

Just insured my Anniversary Cooper this morning with AF...£113 fully Comp. i then asked them for a quote on my Glanza which is a fresh Import from Japan. I'd full NCD from an Astra i sold last year, so 60% off, but they still quoted me £600. what the hell?
They went off to check when i said I'd sell the car before paying 600 quid for insurance. They came back with a new quote of £400, which i still think is ridiculous for a 74 year old guy who spent his working life driving Trucks all over Europe.
Their excuse is it wasnt registered yet, but, if it had been registered it might have been lower.
So I'll have my friend register it for me on his Company Policy, then transfer the V5C to me afterwards. Just another name on the V5C. No big deal. Otherwise its sayanora to the Glanza

#32 Albannach

Albannach

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 08:14 PM

I currently have 9 minis insured on one policy with Adrian Flux, including a 1967 mk1 Cooper S, total cost £550. Beat every quote by miles

The obvious question is...How many can you drive at the same time? So the risk element is very, very low. Easy money for the Insurance Company.

As a follow up to my Glanza saga...a guy suggested I try Greenlight. Nothing to lose, so I filled out their Application. Next day they emailed me with a quote of £329. The Insurance company they found willing to accept the "risk" was Highway. A lot lower than AF.
So much for loyalty to one Broker.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares