2 replies to this topic

#1 Bazmatronic

Bazmatronic

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:15 PM

I'm looking for chrome bumpers for my Mk3 mini, and want to make sure that I get the right pattern so that when I fit my over-riders, they sit on the bumper properly and don't lean backwards, which is what's happening with the cheap non-genuine pattern stainless bumpers I've got on the car at the moment.

Can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy original pattern chrome bumpers?

#2 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,776 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:54 PM

Most modern chrome goes rusty quickly so good quality stainless steel is preferred,

these new Stainless Steel Minispares bumpers are good fit:-

"Genuine minispares manufactured bumper that fits perfectly as per original ROVER bumpers. Better than the last genuine bumpers produced for Rover - BEWARE - most others on the market made in stainless are poor fitting--Although many look the correct shape they will only fit the front with manipulation, but are very difficult to fit on the rear as they are kinked.
This has rolled over ends for safety critical homologation(1996)and also allows extra clearance on fitment to the sportspack arches.The rolled over ends were never clean and always sligtly rippled. Made in Automotive stainless steel to a polished chrome like finish it still requires washing and cleaning regularly owing to the positions where they are fitted. Fitted with fixing bolts but no nuts as per Rover.
Better than the last Genuine stainless steel originals these are to the quality Pianoforte reached when first supplying Rover with the open ended bumper DPB10165 which replaced the steel chromed version.
Pianoforte then had tooling problems making GENUINE bumpers difficult to fit so Minispares have come to the rescue again taking 2 years to get it perfect in looks and fitting with the curled end edges made less dangerous than the originals.
Please note that most car parts are made in automotive 430 stainless which is magnetic as opposed to pure stainless which is not magnetic.
The same bumper with holes for the deluxe corner bars and overiders is available as 14A9871
Best finished bumper in the market place."

http://www.minispare...c/DPB10166.aspx

"This is the non-genuine variety and the only chrome type made now:-

The biggest difference between these and the original bumpers is the lack of a rolled lip and they look slightly different. If trying to fit to the rear you may need to bend the bumper lip down which could damage the paintwork. Fixing bolts are fitted but no nuts.
For a better fit it is worth buying Mini Spares own genuine shape stainless steel bumper DPB10166 instead."

http://www.minispare.../14A6779MS.aspx

Edited by mab01uk, 26 April 2017 - 10:55 PM.

#3 1314cc

1314cc

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Local Club: tumbleweedminisbristol

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:43 PM

I'm looking for chrome bumpers for my Mk3 mini, and want to make sure that I get the right pattern so that when I fit my over-riders, they sit on the bumper properly and don't lean backwards, which is what's happening with the cheap non-genuine pattern stainless bumpers I've got on the car at the moment.

Can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy original pattern chrome bumpers?

Edited by 1314cc, 27 April 2017 - 01:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users