#2 jonlad

jonlad

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:30 AM

*edit* sorry found one elsewhere, thanks

Edited by jonlad, 07 May 2017 - 02:48 PM.

#3 racingbob

racingbob

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:55 AM

cant believe someone doesnt want a good mg metro cam there realy good

i have one in my car gives 80 / 80 goes great

#4 whistler

whistler

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:13 AM

Could be you're a little over priced. A new Evolution001 cam, which is similar, is only just over £80.
I paid less than £50 for my MG Metro Cam.

#5 Mrpeanut

Mrpeanut

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Local Club: Wessex MOC

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:19 AM

Could be you're a little over priced. A new Evolution001 cam, which is similar, is only just over £80.

I've had an evolution001 and as good as they are on the road they are nothing like an mg metro cam. They haven't got the low down torque of an mg metro and are less fun. A good condition mg metro cam will have been ground from fresh metal and as far as I am aware the evo is a regrind. Personally I think £70 is a steal.

#6 whistler

whistler

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:28 AM

I've had an evolution001 and as good as they are on the road they are nothing like an mg metro cam. They haven't got the low down torque of an mg metro and are less fun. A good condition mg metro cam will have been ground from fresh metal and as far as I am aware the evo is a regrind. Personally I think £70 is a steal.

http://www.minispare...|Back to search

#7 Mrpeanut

Mrpeanut

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:46 AM

Sorry, but what's the point of your post? Linking an ad to an alternative product on bob's ad is pretty disrespectful.

#8 whistler

whistler

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:27 AM

Sorry, but what's the point of your post? Linking an ad to an alternative product on bob's ad is pretty disrespectful.

It wasn't the AD I was trying to link to, it was the write up on the cam's performance which seems similar to the MG Metro. I wasn't offering an alternative purchase to anyone, just using an example to suggest that the MG Cam was overpriced and he might struggle to sell it.
I meant no disrespect to RacingBob.

#9 Mrpeanut

Mrpeanut

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:15 PM

It wasn't the AD I was trying to link to, it was the write up on the cam's performance which seems similar to the MG Metro. I wasn't offering an alternative purchase to anyone, just using an example to suggest that the MG Cam was overpriced and he might struggle to sell it.
I meant no disrespect to RacingBob.

The 2 cams are nothing like each other in that the performance is different, one is a regrind the other from fresh metal, and one is pretty much a sought after classic. I think bob's question was intended to be rhetorical, not an invitation to link to an ad so that somebody can buy something different.

#10 neal

neal

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:59 PM

If it's in excellent condition like you say, then it sounds good value to me Bob and I know that your engine spec makes good reliable power with the same cam.

Edited by neal, 17 May 2017 - 09:03 PM.

#11 racingbob

racingbob

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:50 AM

If it's in excellent condition like you say, then it sounds good value to me Bob and I know that your engine spec makes good reliable power with the same cam.

yes there a great cam and its factory not regrind

#12 CobraV8

CobraV8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:33 AM

What are they like in a 998?

#13 neal

neal

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:39 PM

What are they like in a 998?

Very good, it makes good torque and really makes the engine zippy without a lumpy tickover, you need a good flowed head to get it to sing

Edited by neal, 18 May 2017 - 07:42 PM.

#14 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:54 PM

Would you post

#15 racingbob

racingbob