51 replies to this topic

#31 CobraV8

CobraV8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:24 AM

Forwarded to sales, answered by Ivan. Now I need to send them back across the world. To be honest I can't be bothered.

#32 gav

gav

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:07 PM

I will speak to Ivan and get a pair sent FOC, there is no point sending the others back from the other side of the world.

#33 Dusky

Dusky

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:49 AM

Minispares has always been my company of choice too. Knowing them for years and used for a lot of racing parts as well.
Had things lost or damaged in the post and always had a replacement sent out very quickly.
The only thing they can do to improve (or attract more customers) is having PayPal or similar. As a young lad I only have a prepaid creditcard, when I need stuff fast I always had to ask my dad to use his credit card, or wait 2-3 days to put money on mine.
But then the prices will probably go up because of the PayPal fee's..

#34 humph

humph

How bad can it Be?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:01 PM

I'm a big Minispares fan, would always choose them over other suppliers. Sadly though both my last orders have arrived with parts missing (despite being ticked off as being included on the dispatch sheet). Both times I've had to change my plans at the weekend, as although the parts were small and minor they were critical and have meant work on the Mini being cancelled. Sloppy really, and from my experience a new phenomenon.  

#35 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:05 PM

I'm a big Minispares fan, would always choose them over other suppliers. Sadly though both my last orders have arrived with parts missing (despite being ticked off as being included on the dispatch sheet). Both times I've had to change my plans at the weekend, as although the parts were small and minor they were critical and have meant work on the Mini being cancelled. Sloppy really, and from my experience a new phenomenon.  

Ditto. Although when I've rung to chase it up, they've actioned getting the missed parts out ASAP.

#36 humph

humph

How bad can it Be?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

Ditto. Although when I've rung to chase it up, they've actioned getting the missed parts out ASAP.

Same here, and I understand that mistakes happen. The fact it's happened to me twice in the space of two orders though leaves me asking questions as to whether something in the process has changed and whether things have got sloppy. When you order parts, and pay extra shipping to ensure they arrive for planned works at the weekend, it's really disappointing to find that minor but crucial parts are missing. Sure it will be sorted if there is an issue, and this will be the last post I make on the issue as I don't want to create a false impression of a really good company.

Edited by humph, 21 May 2017 - 05:51 PM.

#37 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:13 PM

I now have to ring and ask about stock levels if something says 'limited stock' as every time i've ordered it, I get an email to say it's actually out of stock, which is annoying. I have a lot of time for minispares, they've had to put up with repeated questions in store from me about parts or advice and I do 90% of my purchasing from there.

#38 eric.sen

eric.sen

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:54 AM

For my expériences with Minispares, I can hardly recomend them,

quick response and fast shipping to France

#39 CobraV8

CobraV8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:46 AM

I will speak to Ivan and get a pair sent FOC, there is no point sending the others back from the other side of the world.

Thanks Gav. That is great service.

#40 eric.sen

eric.sen

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:17 PM

And also a good thing :

they made low shipping cost if you buy small parts,

other shops doesn't do that !

#41 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:57 PM

I can hardly recomend them

Do you mean 'highly recommend'?

#42 Magneto

Magneto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Local Club: KC MINI Club

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:06 AM

or maybe 'heartily?''

I'm a strong supporter of MiniSpares  too.....being across the pond it makes it even tougher when something goes wrong, but I found you do have to get to the right guy to get things sorted.

#43 danie garry

danie garry

I love BMW minis

• Members
  • 2,296 posts
  • Local Club: IMOC-Irish Mini Owners Club

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:48 PM

sadly had a bad experience with my latest order, ordered 2 weeks ago, 1 minor part missing, never received the email to say it was out of stock and if i wanted to send with out the missing parts, then dispatched nearly a week later after talking to them. contacted them again when i saw the dispatch email and it was bumped up to express delivery, but still took another 2 days to arrive(after lunch today which i think wouldn't have been far off the normal timing with standard delivery) so no IMM for the hornet and a very disappointing show from minispares :( 

all previous dealings have been hassle free, just this one has me wound up!

#44 eric.sen

eric.sen

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:33 PM

Remember I'm French and my English speaking is not  has good has it can be for you, so sometimes I can make mistakes,

so yes I wantied to say "HIGHLY" ;D

#45 eric.sen

eric.sen

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:37 PM

But today it's Black Friday and they didn't make discount....

Sad >_<

I need new discs and Mintex  M1144

And a LCB maniflow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users