2 replies to this topic

#1 jamiepaulsmith

jamiepaulsmith

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:36 PM

This is my beloved 1984 Austin Mini 25, special 25th anniversary edition.

These cars were originally fitted with a 998cc engine but I have since fitted a completely refurbished 1275cc engine that only needs tuning, with the front wheels and drive shafts refitted before it's good to go.

I have spent a small fortune and many hours on this car but I am simply struggling to find the time and money to complete this project.

The overall condition of the car is excellent for its age with only a few minor body issues here and there. The underfloor really needs to be seen to be believed... the common footwell rust holes are non-existent on this car! The drivers side rear quarter panel needs replacing. Although it's fairly difficult to tell from the outside, a previous owner has poorly attempted some kind of fibreglass repair. I had however bought a new rear quarter panel with the intention to replace this completely. I will include this also.

The 1275 engine I have installed, has been fitted with brand new ancillaries including aluminium radiator, brand new silicone hoses, uprated inlet manifold, refurbished hif38 carb, custom stainless steel exhaust​ manifold and a new water pump. I have also bought and will include a brand new, stainless steel RC40 large bore exhaust - ready to fit. I sourced a hif44 carb, which had been refurbished but can't be sure this is in working order. However, I will also include this.

The interior is all original, in very good condition. No real wear or tear. I fitted the boot out with custom made boot boards and a full sound system. This includes an inPhase subwoofer in the boot, Pioneer 400w 6x9s in the parcel shelf and Hertz DSK165 component speakers stylishly fitted under the rear seats.

I am quite reluctant to sell, so only serious buyers with serious offers. Silly offers will not be entertained.

£4,050 o.n.o

* You will need to provide your own transportation for the car as it does not currently drive

KEY DETAILS:

- Completely refurbished 1275cc engine 
- Original 998cc engine included 
- Stainless exhaust manifold fitted 
- Brand new Stainless RC40 exhaust included 
- Uprated aluminium Fletcher radiator 
- Brand new blue Fletcher silicone hoses 
- HIF38 Carburettor​ 
- HIF44 Carburettor 
- Original Mini 25 interior 
- Custom boot boards 
- inPhase USW10 subwoofer 
- Pioneer TS-A6923i 6x9s 
- Hertz DSK165 component speakers 
- Pioneer head unit

** PHOTOS **

https://goo.gl/photo...4HZC67QEC9X37u8

Edited by jamiepaulsmith, 11 May 2017 - 05:34 PM.

#2 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

Nice car.

Isle of Wight registration too.

Good luck with the sale.

Ben

#3 jamiepaulsmith