#1 Bounoax

Bounoax

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:30 PM

Hello!

Does anyone know where I can find a base map for a hayabusa stroker (1540cc), or what is a decent and safe AFR to set in if I use a autotune kit with a power commander?

Thank you very much!

Benoit

#2 minibugga

minibugga

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:33 PM

Hello Benoit,

We have tune several of these engine kits. Could you specify a bit more about your set up?

AFR should be set between 12.8 and 13.6 depending on what you want to achieve. 

Best wishes, Gonzo

#3 Bounoax

Bounoax

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:12 AM

Hi Gonzo,

Thank you so much for your reply.

It's a Radical SR3 engine with upgraded cams, double K&N air filters and I built a custom exhaust system with a 100 cell race cat. I don't know so much more about it I'm afraid.

It runs on a basic hayabusa map but quite ruff. I'm taking the car to the tacks next weekend and I mostly want to make sure that it doesn't run too lean, I'm more after drivability and a safe map than peak power right now ;)

Cheers,

Benoit

#4 minigbg

minigbg

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:15 AM

Hi benoit!
So it was you who bought Gustafs old Hayabusa mini from Robin?
Where do you track the car in Sweden? Would like to see the car in person when you race it if that is possible (i am living in Gothenburg myself)?
Would help me alot with my Hayabusa build!

Thanks Mikael

#5 minibugga

minibugga

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:19 AM

Hi Benoit. How did it went at the track?

When you say it runs ruff is it at idle or under power?

With such an engine I´m sure you will be spending some time setting up the car at the track. Try to enjoy it as it will make great improvements on the handling and you performance. 

Keep us updated :)

#6 Bounoax

Bounoax

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:33 AM

Hi benoit!
So it was you who bought Gustafs old Hayabusa mini from Robin?
Where do you track the car in Sweden? Would like to see the car in person when you race it if that is possible (i am living in Gothenburg myself)?
Would help me alot with my Hayabusa build!

Thanks Mikael

Hi Mikael,

Yes I'm the one who bought the car off Robin's hands. I've spent a lot of time rebuilding and modifying, mostly on the electrics, exhaust, cooling etc...

We spent a week end at Gotland ring 3 weeks ago, lots of fun but the car is not running well, still the same problem as when I bought it with heavy misfire between 6500-7000rpm.

We've been playing with the maps all morning but only moved the problem a bit, I'm a bit lost as I can't seem to understand the problem, most of the sensors are new (apart from cam and crankshaft sensor) new ecu as well and no problem with fuel pressure. I'll take it to a tuner in dalarna as soon as I have time, but I'm afraid it could be another problem.

You're welcome to come and have a look at the car if you are in Stockholm some day.

Hi Gonzo,

It idles just fine, the problems are mostly happening between 6500-7000rpm but never after that which makes me very confused, I'll post a video link soon so you can see what I mean. Thank you!

Benoit

#7 Bounoax

Bounoax

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:45 AM

Actually, I forgot that I made this one to show the problem to a friend last fall: 

https://youtu.be/AiGM9O_MiFo?t=2m7s

The digidash was not set properly so you need to double the rpm. 

I'll see if I can find another video from our track day ;)

#8 minigbg

minigbg

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:41 AM

Hi
Have you spoken to Gustaf about the missfire and if the engine had the same problem when he sold it to Robin?
I will get back to you when i travel up to Stockholm so i can check your car out!
Let me know if you are racing it at kinnekulle/Falkenberg/Anderstorp anytime soon.
Thanks
Mikael

#9 Bounoax

Bounoax

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:28 AM

Hi Mikael,

Yes I spoke to both Gustaf and Robin about it and they don't seem to know anything about it strangely.

I'm going to try to investigate on the TPS soon, I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Benoit

#10 minibugga

minibugga

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:08 PM

Benoit, not an easy problem to solve when the pattern is difficult.

I can read your ECU, look for errors and reprogram the ECU for you, erasing the limitation parameters and modifying the code to avoid interpretation of any signal from unused sensors. If you send me your cam spec I can check as well if we have done any mapping for this type and compare the maps you have with ours and suggest any modifications. Not much more I can help you out remotely. 

Keep us updated,

Gonzo

#11 Bounoax

Bounoax

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:41 PM

Hi Gonzo,

Thank you very much for your reply,

I can send you my ECU if you want, I have an extra one and the problem remains with both. Any info could help, so please pm me your adress and details.

I tried to contact the guy that built the engine today, I hope I'll get an answer from him about the cams.

Cheers,

Benoit

#12 gadget555

gadget555

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:58 PM

There's a post half way down the page that says about having the crank sensor wired up the wrong way and causing a missfire. http://www.sbdev.co....s/Hayabusa.html

#13 minibugga

minibugga

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:54 PM

Good to double check that if it is a modified loom. 

#14 Bounoax

Bounoax

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:05 PM

There's a post half way down the page that says about having the crank sensor wired up the wrong way and causing a missfire. http://www.sbdev.co....s/Hayabusa.html

Thanks a lot, I'll have a look at that!

Cheers,

Benoit

#15 minibugga

minibugga

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:45 PM

Hi Benoit, 

It would be great to have any updates from you car here. Did you solve the inexplicable misfiring?

Best wishes, Gonzo  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users