5 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Brighton

Matt Brighton

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:20 AM

A bit late for most, but this might help some....

Don't take a23 to London and sit in a big traffic jam

Go A27 Lewis Road out of Brighton - Take Coldean Lane and then on to Dichling Beacon (spectacular view of s downs)

Then join a23/m23 - further up when you want to get off the country roads.

Everuwheres busy here when its sunny but this will likely be the less crowded route.

See you  there (or to be precise here )

Matt - brighton

Edited by Matt Brighton, 21 May 2017 - 08:21 AM.

#2 jamesmpi

jamesmpi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:43 PM

Looked like a great turn out for L2B.. Helped massively by the lovely sunshine. Shame I couldn't take the Mini this year

#3 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:02 PM

I took a trip down to Brighton and parked up about 8.00, went to the Harvester on Maderia Drive for breakfast and watched the Mini's arrive, I have done the L2B in previous years but the struggle to get out of Crystal Palace and the traffic queues are not my idea of fun. I left for home about 14.00 and there were still Mini's arriving.

There were some lovely cars there especially a Mk 1 Speedwell Cooper S that the owner thought was probably the most valuable Mini there (he had been offered £100k for it).

Great Day and my Mini behaved perfectly.

Edited by JXC Mini GT, 21 May 2017 - 03:02 PM.

#4 JDImini

JDImini

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:32 PM

I took a trip down to Brighton and parked up about 8.00, went to the Harvester on Maderia Drive for breakfast and watched the Mini's arrive, I have done the L2B in previous years but the struggle to get out of Crystal Palace and the traffic queues are not my idea of fun. I left for home about 14.00 and there were still Mini's arriving.

There were some lovely cars there especially a Mk 1 Speedwell Cooper S that the owner thought was probably the most valuable Mini there (he had been offered £100k for it).

Great Day and my Mini behaved perfectly.

Hi John, Jack and I didn't do L2B this year, but hope to next year, perhaps if you go we could meet up and compare the great work that Ben at Mill Road Garage has done  :-)

#5 DomCr250

DomCr250

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Local Club: 16V mini club

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:52 AM

A bit late for most, but this might help some....

Don't take a23 to London and sit in a big traffic jam

Go A27 Lewis Road out of Brighton - Take Coldean Lane and then on to Dichling Beacon (spectacular view of s downs)

Then join a23/m23 - further up when you want to get off the country roads.

Everuwheres busy here when its sunny but this will likely be the less crowded route.

See you  there (or to be precise here )

Matt - brighton

I tend to use this route too.

The other one is to turn right at the roundabout by the petrol station (Mill Road), go up the hill and then left at the next roundabout (Dyke Road) - takes you into the town via the Hove side ... not so good as the one above if you want to park at Madeira Drive but great for the car-parks on that side of the town.

#6 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:18 PM

Hi John, Jack and I didn't do L2B this year, but hope to next year, perhaps if you go we could meet up and compare the great work that Ben at Mill Road Garage has done  :-)

That sounds like a good idea, my Mini is going back to Ben in a months time for some minor changes (roof colour change and new wheel arches), I have been watching the progress on your Midget where Bens fabrication and repair skills are well demonstrated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users