#16 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,845 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:03 AM

dont forget if you convert you will need dry top arms and radius arm as the leverage ratios are different.

Quite.

Does anyone know the leverage ratio on the rears?  I've not gotten around to measuring them.

I think the leverage on the radius arms is the same at 5:1

I have just done a very original 66 S on hydro and we put gate valves on the front pipes, you can just see the left one the photo

With them shut it gives a better ride, less choppy especially at speed on bumpy roads.

Its smoother and less bouncy than a standard rubber setup

Yeah, I do seem to recall reading somewhere recently they are 5:1.

I asked because the Dry Radius Arms I've measure at 5:1, but the Front Arms do definitely have different ratios between wet & dry.

Interesting the valve you've fitted and I think an easy, simple move to helping Hydro. Years ago I did something similar were I fitted opposing one way flow valves and needle valves to each of these, in an attempt to make the Bump and Rebound each tunable independent of each other. It was a rather bulky arrangement, however, I never intended to leave it that way, just long enough to work out what valving was needed. Like you, I found I had to shut them way down to get the pitching better but I did find it was all at the expense of ride quality.

#17 Retroman

Retroman

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Local Club: CDMC

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:56 PM

Sounds like a precise project to control bump and rebound too. I once came across one that had clamps on the front flexy pipes !!

Its like many things with Minis, personal choice and experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users