5 replies to this topic

#1 pauldridge

pauldridge

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:38 AM

<p>My &nbsp;model is a bastard. &nbsp;SPI injection, but it has the internal OBDII-like multipin diagnostic connector underneath the dash, just to the left of the steering wheel (RHD).</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I see there is an Android diagnostic app... &nbsp;Mems-Analyzer, but I need a cable to plug into the &quot;NOT&quot;-OBDII style connector which terminates into a standard USB connector on the other end to plug into my phone.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>There is a guy on eBay who sells such a cable for the &quot;normal&quot; SPI underhood 3 pin connector, but not for the underdash one, that I can find.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Would appreciate if anyone can name a source, OR provide specific wiring details to make the multi-pin connector be happy with the scanner app.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Phil</p>

Edited by pauldridge, 24 May 2017 - 01:49 AM.

#2 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:15 AM

Your posts gone awry and no need For bad language. If its Japanese import it will likely have an SPi throttle body and could have airbags ?
In which case you have an EOBD styke connector for the airbag system but still an AMP 3 pin for the MEMS ECU

FS

#3 grayclassic

grayclassic

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:01 AM

Flying scott, that’s great info, one small question... where is the three pin socket for the MEMS ECU? I am having MOT problems with my emissions and need to try and find out what

This is a 97 JDM SPI with aircon

Edited by grayclassic, 11 August 2018 - 10:03 AM.

#4 hungdynasty

hungdynasty

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:38 PM

Flying scott, that’s great info, one small question... where is the three pin socket for the MEMS ECU? I am having MOT problems with my emissions and need to try and find out what

This is a 97 JDM SPI with aircon

Around the blue arrow area

Attached Files

#5 genpop

genpop

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:09 AM

Hello, here:http://memsdiag.blogspot.com/

is the description for building your cable.I fear mems analyzer will not work on this car,neither mems-gauge or mems-rosco.But the paid version of mems-diag should do it.If you succed I can give you a version of mems-rosco where you can read the mems-diag log file.Or you open it with excel. Mems-diag logs only about 20 values while  mems-analyzer and mems-rosco log about 50 values.Mini#s with the eobd socket have the1.9 or 2.0 version of the ecu software.Minis with the round socket have 1.3 or1.6 ecu. For the 2.0 is no free software available at all.

#6 buznout

buznout

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:05 AM

I fear mems analyzer will not work on this car,neither mems-gauge or mems-rosco.

I am able to run the mems-gauge / mems-rosco programs on my 98 JDM using the cable instructions at memsdiag. Great program however I could never run logs I had created in the MEMS Analyser?? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users