#1 Matt.L

Matt.L

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:24 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm in the position of being able to paint the car any colour. I'm toying with the idea of a candy apple red or a mercedes dark blue, but I can't decide which to go for (the car was blue from factory). I'd like to hear what you guys would do??
Many thanks
Matt

#2 minimans

minimans

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:36 PM

Colour change on a mini involves a lot of interior paint as well, If your planning on just an exterior blow over keep it the same as original.

#3 Dusky

Dusky

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:34 AM

It's YOUR car.
Candy is very expensive and a nightmare to repair if anything happens I had a candy blue mini wich got damaged in a car park. Full respray was in order,just for some light damage.

#4 Matt.L

Matt.L

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:45 AM

Yeah that was what a I was debating it would probably be hard to match up if it gets damaged and it'll probably be a bit expensive. But then it looks pretty cool :).

#5 Dusky

Dusky

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:47 AM

It does look cool ^^ Mind, with modern xiralix effect paints it's very easy toget a similar result without the cost (and skill level for touch ups). A paint shop will definitely be able to help you decide with their load of colour swatches. :P

#6 Matt.L

Matt.L

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:15 AM

Yeah that's a good idea actually, some swatches would definetly help me decide thanks for your help.

#7 slidehammer

slidehammer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:52 AM

What also might help you decide is seeing what other people have done their Minis that you like, looking on the forum and google images. What suits one car doesn't another I think Apple Jack Green looks great on a Mini of the right period but would look terrible on a Jaguar XJ6.

#8 Matt.L

Matt.L

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:11 PM

Yeah it's just about seeing what suits the car and the look I'm going for :). Cheers

#9 wile e coyote

wile e coyote

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:17 PM

What also might help you decide is seeing what other people have done their Minis that you like, looking on the forum and google images. What suits one car doesn't another I think Apple Jack Green looks great on a Mini of the right period but would look terrible on a Jaguar XJ6.

O/T Applejack looks great on everything :-) my MTB, hybrid and road bikes all match my car!

anyway OP - it's your car - get it what colour you want!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users