#1 FAZ

FAZ

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:09 AM

175 50 13 YOKO A539s

how are these rated in terms of performance / life expectancy?

I do about 3-4000 miles a year in dry weather

also if anyone has any recommendations for a fitter in the Coventry area who can fit these tyres without destroying thee wheels and do the tracking  / balancing?

Edited by FAZ, 30 May 2017 - 09:10 AM.

#2 Tommyboy12

Tommyboy12

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:24 AM

I do about 3-4000 miles a year in all weather with A539s. Theyre a great tyre. Plenty of grip in wet and dry conditions.

Had mine fitted 5 years ago and theyre about half worn now. I rotate them front to rear every year to keep the wear even. If they dont wear out ill replace them at 8-10 years old as theyll be getting too old by that point.

#3 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:41 AM

I do about 3-4000 miles a year in all weather with A539s. Theyre a great tyre. Plenty of grip in wet and dry conditions.

Had mine fitted 5 years ago and theyre about half worn now. I rotate them front to rear every year to keep the wear even. If they dont wear out ill replace them at 8-10 years old as theyll be getting too old by that point.

I use them as well. I know they're still legal with half their tread on but its surprising how much grip they lose as the rubber gets older. The tread doesn't flex as well and the loss of adhesion is really noticeable on wet roads. I changed mine, like for like, this time round at five years old and was amazed at the higher grip in the wet.

#4 Mini ManannĂ¡n

Mini ManannĂ¡n

Well I'll be buggered if I can find it

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • Local Club: man Estate

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:55 AM

I got 15000 miles out of my 12s (swapped the fronts to the back when they got worn at about 12000 and have just put a new pair up front). Great tyres in my opinion.

#5 absx2

absx2

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:02 PM

My Rover Cooper would spin very easily from accelerating in second gear with 6 year old A539`s with as new tread as the rubber got hard in storage.

I replaced with new A539`s and not even a squeak from the tyres under the same conditions so it goes to prove, well for me anyway that for sunny day cars they will be past their best before they wear out.

Being a motorcycle rider I know that tyres are the only thing keeping you out of a body bag if things go wrong and they are also a dam site cheaper than bodywork.

I love the A539 in 12" and I think they are the best tyre out there for road use, I can`t comment on 13`s but they must be the same compound.

#6 surfblue

surfblue

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:56 AM

My Rover Cooper would spin very easily from accelerating in second gear with 6 year old A539`s with as new tread as the rubber got hard in storage.

I replaced with new A539`s and not even a squeak from the tyres under the same conditions so it goes to prove, well for me anyway that for sunny day cars they will be past their best before they wear out.

Being a motorcycle rider I know that tyres are the only thing keeping you out of a body bag if things go wrong and they are also a dam site cheaper than bodywork.

I love the A539 in 12" and I think they are the best tyre out there for road use, I can`t comment on 13`s but they must be the same compound.

Agree 8-10 years is too old for a tyre, as well as bikes, caravan manufacturers recommend changing at 5 years, absolute max 7 years, you see the matchstick remains of overturned caravans on motorways (normally on busy Bank holidays) due to exploding tyres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users