6 replies to this topic

#1 Belmondo

Belmondo

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:55 AM

Greetings. I've acquired a quantity of Cooper badges and wonder if anyone here can help me identify them? They were made in the 1970s, are polished alloy, 2 inch diameter and drilled either side for mounting – see image. As I don't think John Cooper was still making racing cars in the '70s I wondered if these were Mini Cooper items. Thanks in advance. Phil

Attached Files

#2 rally1380

rally1380

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:51 AM

Greetings. I've acquired a quantity of Cooper badges and wonder if anyone here can help me identify them? They were made in the 1970s, are polished alloy, 2 inch diameter and drilled either side for mounting – see image. As I don't think John Cooper was still making racing cars in the '70s I wondered if these were Mini Cooper items. Thanks in advance. Phil

Aren't they the badges they screwed onto wheel centre caps in the 90's?

#3 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:10 AM

http://www.minipassi...Cooper 1992.pdf

#4 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,901 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:25 AM

different colour.

#5 Belmondo

Belmondo

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:58 AM

I think they pre-date those but do look identical (apart from colour). Were these not fitted to the originals in the '60s?

#6 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,901 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:10 AM

I think they pre-date those but do look identical (apart from colour). Were these not fitted to the originals in the '60s?

I think more likely to be related to the F1 activities more than the Mini activities.

#7 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:20 PM

different colour.

Well spotted, i missed that

1956 Cooper which seems to have those wheel badges (black instead of the red surround, & holes drilled in a different position to the Mini ones).

https://upload.wikim...per_Mk9_JAP.jpg

Edited by Itsaminithing, 10 June 2017 - 10:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users