#1 Piglet

Piglet

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:24 PM

Hi guys.

My project is finally coming out of the garage after a 3 year restoration at the weekend.

It's an N reg sidewalk with a 1330 turbo engine and iv spent roughly £7.5k on it.

I'm looking at getting an agreed value on my policy.

Since the car went in I have moved house and my brother is collecting the car and delivering it for me as I live 180 miles away now.

I'm going to have to get a spec list off the garage of the car to sort the insurance so just wondered what exactly the insurance company will want to know to offer my agreed valuation.

Since the whole thing began I can't remember half the stuff that's on there so a full checklist would be great if anyone has the time.

Thanks in advance guys. Pete

#2 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:07 PM

I am with Adrian Flux, they required 7 photographs (showing each side, front, rear, engine bay, interior, speedometer) and details of the work carried out, you also need to mention any changes from the standard specification. My agreed valuation cost an additional £20 on top of the £130 premium.

#3 Piglet

Piglet

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:13 PM

Thanks jxc. Did a bit more googling and found some more information about what would be needed aswell from other company's.

#4 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,898 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:23 PM

I did mine with Peter James. I had six good pictures of the car which was all they required at the time. £136 pa including free European Breakdown.

#5 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:46 AM

I did mine with Peter James. I had six good pictures of the car which was all they required at the time. £136 pa including free European Breakdown.

That sounds like a good deal, mine didn't include breakdown cover but I was happy with the agreed valuation as it covered the majority of works carried out on the car.

Edited by JXC Mini GT, 13 June 2017 - 08:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users