Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield Mini Club

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:22 PM

Hi,

New member.

I am looking to insure a cooper sport at 19 years old. What's Hic insurance like? I was wondering if you declare the kit as an exhaust mod or engine mod or both. I thought it was just the exhaust that is different.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

#2 IainStallard

IainStallard

I am the first status holder 2014.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • Local Club: Box Hill Mini Club, CCMOC

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:26 PM

Stage one kit on an MPi would be declared as an exhaust and air filter change.

HIC insurance is a partner of Adrian Flux. Mixed reviews but I've never had an issue with Flux

#3 DJC MINI

DJC MINI

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:29 PM

Stage one kit on an MPi would be declared as an exhaust and air filter change.

HIC insurance is a partner of Adrian Flux. Mixed reviews but I've never had an issue with Flux

Thanks.

I already own a car and the mini would be a daily driver. I will have two named drivers on the policy. Should this help? I haven't had any claims. 

#4 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

Hi,

New member.

I am looking to insure a cooper sport at 19 years old. What's Hic insurance like? I was wondering if you declare the kit as an exhaust mod or engine mod or both. I thought it was just the exhaust that is different.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

I use HIC, I find them very good. You need to speak to them, don't use the web service. They do understand the different types of modification and you must declare them all. They hardly affect the premium.

#5 DJC MINI

DJC MINI

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:34 PM

Hi,

New member.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

I use HIC, I find them very good. You need to speak to them, don't use the web service. They do understand the different types of modification and you must declare them all. They hardly affect the premium.

Thanks,

I have had quotes from flux direct of around £1000. Do you think Hic would be cheaper?

Thanks

#6 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:39 PM

Hi,

New member.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Thanks,

I have had quotes from flux direct of around £1000. Do you think Hic would be cheaper?

Thanks
I don't know, all I do know is their service is very good and when you need to use them you want to know you're going to get good service. You need to ring and find out.

Whoever you use make sure you list absolutely EVERY change from standard, no matter how minor, otherwise, you may find you have no cover.

#7 DJC MINI

DJC MINI

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:41 PM

Hi,

New member.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Thanks,

Thanks
I don't know, all I do know is their service is very good and when you need to use them you want to know you're going to get good service. You need to ring and find out.

Whoever you use make sure you list absolutely EVERY change from standard, no matter how minor, otherwise, you may find you have no cover.

Thanks,

The only thing that is added to the car is a stage one kit. The rest of the car is standard

#8 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:53 PM

Hi,

New member.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Thanks,

Thanks

Thanks,

The only thing that is added to the car is a stage one kit. The rest of the car is standard
If you do go with HIC ask them about an agreed value policy, it only costs a small amount extra. If you dont have this and have a total loss claim you'll only get current market value (no matter what value you declared you paid or what you think it's worth).

#9 DJC MINI

DJC MINI

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:56 PM

Hi,

New member.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Thanks,

Thanks

Thanks,

If you do go with HIC ask them about an agreed value policy, it only costs a small amount extra. If you dont have this and have a total loss claim you'll only get current market value (no matter what value you declared you paid or what you think it's worth).

Thanks

I thought about doing that. Like I said the car has got the stage one kit which is the rc40 exhaust and air filter. Apart from that the rest of the car is completely standard, and always will be. I quite like the sound of the exhaust. It also feels quite nippy.

#10 Zach P-D

Zach P-D

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:01 AM

Grand isn't bad, I've got my 1275 SPI with stage 1, wheels/arches and a few other little mods down to about £900 and i'm 19.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users