#16 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:30 AM

looks on ebay for W201 and sees a 21k version...

err maybe not !

http://www.ebay.co.u...HAAAOSwmLlX8oqL

Low mile cossie though.

Pity it's an Auto, a big part of the character was the dog-leg box which caused so many people to have a bump.

#17 bigrob

bigrob

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:13 PM

I went for a diesel 940 in the end. Bullet proof engines, solid built and a very useful size!

Had it about 2 weeks now, few niggly bits, as you get with any second hand car.

I very very nearly went for a 240 estate. But the price tag for a good one and the lack of a diesel put me off.

Part of me does do the usual thing and wish i'd have held out for the more classic 240, but with the focus giving up the ghost, my hand was forced

#18 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:53 AM

My mate has a 940 with the turbo wound up, with it's cheap tyres it can spin the back wheels when changing gear, he loves it!

#19 g111mds

g111mds

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:46 AM

i was going to suggest a Volvo estate too. ours is probably a good way off being a classic, but we have a 2005 V70 D5 which is actually really good. lots of space, nice n comfortable place to be, and actually a pretty nice warble off the 5 cylinder diesel.

#20 bigrob

bigrob

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:33 PM

Apprantly you can achieve quite a difference by adjusting the needle. I'm yet to play with it as the last recorded belt change was 100,000 miles ago....

"Apparently" the previous owner did all of his own work, including the belts, less than 30k miles ago. But talk is cheap, which can be costly!

A V70 was one thing I had thought about, but like you say a little way off being a classic, where-as the 940 is atleast slightly retro with a nice lack of ecu's and electronics

#21 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:17 AM

Apprantly you can achieve quite a difference by adjusting the needle. I'm yet to play with it as the last recorded belt change was 100,000 miles ago....

Yea the old Bosch mechanical pumps were great for tuning, especially if the turbo has an adjustable actuator on it.

5 minutes with some simple tools and you're pushing a lot more power.

Should be able to happily run veg oil on it as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users