Photo

88' Mini Designer + Spare Wheels,engines Etc...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 designermatt

designermatt

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:54 PM

Alright guys , Ive had enough of the mini  and want rid so I can put my mx5 back on the road.

Its a 1988 austin mini designer in black  and has got 11 months Mot or so.

I recently put a second hand engine in it which has had all new shell bearings +10 alround on a reground crank.

New oil pump , All new gasket set etc..., Cylinder head skimmed 6 thou , and new headgasket. New oil and filter. New ignition coil , dizzy

plugs and leads. New master cylinder , new slave cylinder, new starter relay

Engine needs a good tune up as fuel mixture is off.

Has 8.4 to 7.5 brakes fitted so can have 10" wheels fitted.

Has original Mary quant interior including door cards seats and steering wheel, not immaculate.

Included in the sale also is 4 - 12" minilite alloys in good condition , tyres poor.

5- 12" minilites in white in poor condition

A 998cc A+ block with crank and pistons all together, I took off main caps to see a very good condition crank shaft and shells, however the bores are well worn and will need a rebore and new pistons

A 998cc A+ block rebored to 40 thou with pistons , no crank, 1 damaged thread where engine steady is, block never used since

rebore but has slight surface corrosion on block deck and very top of bores, I would say it needs a rehone and block skim atleast, and also rods and caps are mixed up so need matching correctly

Another 998cc A+ block with gearbox, pistons and bores look in good condition ,, have never ran this engine or inspected it was a spare, unknown condition of gearbox.

A manual gearbox which I know was in full working condition before I took it out , diff bearings and bushes want replacing as always leaked a little bit of oil from diff.

I have 3 or 4 998cc cylinder heads knocking about I think.

Also lots of other spares and parts and things that will all get chucked in with sale, if not the bin.

So If you could please suggest a vale of the mini , with and without all the spares thanks.

I will get some pictures up tomorrow.

Forgot to say condition of bodywork is poor, rust in usual areas, front wings , door skins and bottoms, rear bins,

The rear end boot floor and subframe etc is in good condition . It will be easier to show with pics than try explain.

If anyone is readin this and quite interested then do get in touch , otherwise I will soon be trying to sell it on here , gumtree etc...

#2 designermatt

designermatt

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:29 PM

sNdZPaQ.jpg

Bt4aP37.jpg

xsPKQPK.jpg

bMKLtxQ.jpg

WTDZtOv.jpg

#3 designermatt

designermatt

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:31 PM

OHpVeG4.jpg

MIiBHay.jpg

kMZhsQR.jpg

#4 designermatt

designermatt

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:33 PM

Main thing im after is a valuation of the car,

Its recently been rebuilt with new shells, all new gaskets,seals etc...

new dizy , new coil, new plugs leads , new master cylinders for brake and clutch , 12 to 10 kit ,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users