http://community.eba...-unread-message

#2 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:42 PM

Nothing to worry about. We pay 17% on the 10% standard fee. It's a 3% increase on that 10% only.
Hardly noticeable unless you shift mega bucks? If you do you'll be vat registered and can get it back anyway.

It's not an extra 20%.

#3 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:46 PM

ummmm There seems to be some confusion among everyone!!!

#4 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:02 PM

Yes. It's just a change from Luxembourg 17% to Uk 20% tax rate. There's no need to start adding 20% onto sales etc as some people have said on other forums.

It's probably brexit related?

Edited by minihobbymini, 13 July 2017 - 10:02 PM.

#5 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:37 AM

Yes. It's just a change from Luxembourg 17% to Uk 20% tax rate. There's no need to start adding 20% onto sales etc as some people have said on other forums.

It's probably brexit related?

For once its not Brexit related. They have decided to relocate to the UK because its a better corporate environment for them and the UK will benefit from their staff employment and subsequent tax. The downside is they have to pay the UK rate of VAT. It will be a significant income generator for the UK Exchequer.

#6 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,929 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:10 AM

Not to do with relocation, as far as I know, just the application of EU trade rules. VAT should be applied at the buyers location rate. many traders have been abusing this for may years and people have been taking advantage, why pay 25% VAT on goods bought in Sweden when you can buy the same from the UK for only 20% VAT or Germany at 19% VAT

Looks like ebay are now paying the rates they should to the countries that they should.

not able to follow the link due to CO fire wall restrictions so I may be right off track.

#7 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:25 AM

Not to do with relocation, as far as I know, just the application of EU trade rules. VAT should be applied at the buyers location rate. many traders have been abusing this for may years and people have been taking advantage, why pay 25% VAT on goods bought in Sweden when you can buy the same from the UK for only 20% VAT or Germany at 19% VAT

Looks like ebay are now paying the rates they should to the countries that they should.

not able to follow the link due to CO fire wall restrictions so I may be right off track.

I bow to your superior knowledge and I stand corrected; which is difficult for a Yorkshireman to admit.

#8 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,929 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:06 AM

I bow to your superior knowledge and I stand corrected; which is difficult for a Yorkshireman to admit.

but I am not admitting to being correct. so there is no need to admit anything.

just be happy I aint a Lancastrian.

#9 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:37 AM

Interesting points raised.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users