3 replies to this topic

#1 Paulwhitt20

Paulwhitt20

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:26 AM

Hi, I have been having some issues with the car running too rich and have just had the inlet air temperature (green) sensor and coolant temperature (brown) sensors changed. I also changed the coolant temperature sensor harnes as per the rover technical bulletin 0043. The car seems to run fine now but the radiator fan is running all the time.

The temperature gauge on the dash works as normal. The radiator fan comes on as soon as you start the car and goes off a few seconds after you turn the car off so I assume the relay is working and that it must be an issue with the ecu tellling the fan to run.

I have measured the resistance of the sensor by putting a multimeter across the terminals when the engine is off and it is 0.01 M (10k) ohms at cold and 300 ohms when hot so the sensor seems to change resistance and is a sensible value at hot. Not sure if the cold value is correct.

Any ideas as to why the fan is constantly running?

Thanks

Paul

#2 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:52 PM

Check for continuity between the sensor plug and the ecu plug. Maybe the loom that's broken, it's a common issue.

#3 Paddingtonfire

Paddingtonfire

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:29 PM

I'm having a similar issue with my fan having just had all the manifold off to do the downpipe and renew the gaskets. The inlet air temperature sensor stayed on because I didn't want to break it. But when I did remove the green sensor I did twist the loom a bit. When I've refitted everything he fan now comes on almost immediately. If the loom is the issue (I'm no electrician) - how do I fix it?

She's also running fast too, about 1100rpm. Cable appears ok, do I have a problem related to the fan here? Help please!

#4 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:15 PM

I'm having a similar issue with my fan having just had all the manifold off to do the downpipe and renew the gaskets. The inlet air temperature sensor stayed on because I didn't want to break it. But when I did remove the green sensor I did twist the loom a bit. When I've refitted everything he fan now comes on almost immediately. If the loom is the issue (I'm no electrician) - how do I fix it?
She's also running fast too, about 1100rpm. Cable appears ok, do I have a problem related to the fan here? Help please!

Best to start a new thread- similar but not the same

FS

Edited by FlyingScot, 18 July 2017 - 09:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users