6 replies to this topic

#1 Pops_Guild

Pops_Guild

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:48 PM

Hi - I'm stripping down and rebuilding my J-Spec SPI (97) and one day it'll back together and I kind of want to keep the Japanese feel of it together. One of the (admittedly minor) fatalities of the strip down so far is that a silver (I presume a warning) sticker on top of the side mounted radiator has warn off, what Japanese text that was on it has now all gone. I'd love to replace it when I refit the rad but I need a picture so that I can re-create it.

Has anyone out there got a J-Spec SPI with that sticker still intact and could post a picture of it please?

I'm happy to share the resulting art-work with the forum in order to recreate your own replacement. I have done a few others already, can share those too.

Thx

#2 ryomini

ryomini

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:44 AM

Hello there

am a Spi mini fan, do you mean this

ローバー ミニ 1.3i ラジエター

20121017_e0824d_zpsl0cvagga.jpg

h1_zpsrjeoh1ow.jpg

IMG_5179_zpskyisvspw.jpg

#3 Pops_Guild

Pops_Guild

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:28 AM

Hello there

am a Spi mini fan, do you mean this

ローバー ミニ 1.3i ラジエター

20121017_e0824d_zpsl0cvagga.jpg

h1_zpsrjeoh1ow.jpg

IMG_5179_zpskyisvspw.jpg

Hi Ryomini - Many thanks, I'm hoping but it looks like something is blocking me being able to see the image. Not sure if its me or something the forum is doing. Any ideas? Any one know why Photobucket is not playing nice?

#4 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:52 PM

Any one know why Photobucket is not playing nice?

There's a sticky thread at the top of all the forums, and a massive thread in Mini Chat.

also it's been all over the news, and every other forum on the internet

#5 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Local Club: Northwest Casual Classics

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:50 PM

Weird, got the usual PB 'Upgrade' messages instead of pictures  - then after a few seconds they appeared.

#6 Pops_Guild

Pops_Guild

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:40 AM

Thanks Ryomini for the mail with the images. Really appreciate it but those aren't what I'm looking for, they're just of the engine bay. I'm looking for a photo of the actual silver label that sits near the radiator filler cap on a Japanese SPI Mini/Cooper. Hopefully the attached images will show up and give a better idea of what I'm after...probably wont but hey-ho.

I've just renovated the rad so had to pull the old labels off but one of the images is of what is left of the Japanese label.Attached File  Label_position.jpg   46.1K   1 downloadsAttached File  Position_2.jpg   26.09K   1 downloadsAttached File  position_3.jpg   28.8K   3 downloadsAttached File  old_label.jpg   49.09K   1 downloads

#7 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:13 PM

Weird, got the usual PB 'Upgrade' messages instead of pictures  - then after a few seconds they appeared.

Fixes are being rolled out to try and bring the images back, fingers crossed it all works again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users