• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jacks22

jacks22
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:51 AM

Hi

I am looking at buying a mini after owning one in the 80's.

I just want a run around will rarely go on the motorway as have a transporter for longer journeys.  I have my eye on several 1.4 2007 engines all around the 2k mark, however one has come up for sale in my town but its a 2002 1.6L,  76000 miles,  years MOT (will need brake pads and discs doing) but no service history but says it has had oil changes etc,  they want 1k or ono.  

Should I hold out and pay the extra to get the 1.4 engine ?   I would like to keep it and run into the ground so not worried about resale.  I will probably do 4000 miles a year 

#2 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:18 AM

Hi

I am looking at buying a mini after owning one in the 80's.

I just want a run around will rarely go on the motorway as have a transporter for longer journeys.  I have my eye on several 1.4 2007 engines all around the 2k mark, however one has come up for sale in my town but its a 2002 1.6L,  76000 miles,  years MOT (will need brake pads and discs doing) but no service history but says it has had oil changes etc,  they want 1k or ono.  

Should I hold out and pay the extra to get the 1.4 engine ?   I would like to keep it and run into the ground so not worried about resale.  I will probably do 4000 miles a year 

The best advice I can give you is to talk to the members on a BMW MINI forum such as Mini2.com. You may have noticed when you registered this is a site for classic Mini's. :proud:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users