259 replies to this topic

#256 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,513 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:37 PM

The valance closer should be welded to the valance just to clear that up. Just make sure that the curve of the valance closer follows the curve of the valance and that the meet tightly together or you will end up with a bit of a mess. Well worth spending the time to get that fitting right.

As for the filler on the floors, all you are doing is giving a neat finish to a solid repair so there is no harm. 

All looking good mate and coming together nicely!

Ben

#257 Avtovaz

Avtovaz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:41 PM

ok thank you mate! will get some drill screws in it! I really think they are one of the best tips ive listen to when doing these repairs, you can build the car up with tec screws make sure it all fits and then take them out one by one and weld up the holes they have made!

thankyou again!

#258 Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:31 PM

Do you mind me asking what drill screws you used?  I've got a full front end to do soon(ish) and may find more.  I like the idea of screwing it together then removing them and plug filling the wholes they leave.  Build looks great too by the way!  :thumbsup:

#259 Avtovaz

Avtovaz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 05:24 PM

Do you mind me asking what drill screws you used?  I've got a full front end to do soon(ish) and may find more.  I like the idea of screwing it together then removing them and plug filling the wholes they leave.  Build looks great too by the way!  :thumbsup:

ask away!

i use these ones the 8mm ones, they pull the steal up really well to be fair, you can use them maybe 10 times each and they are good.

#260 Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 06:45 PM

Do you mind me asking what drill screws you used? I've got a full front end to do soon(ish) and may find more. I like the idea of screwing it together then removing them and plug filling the wholes they leave. Build looks great too by the way! :thumbsup:

ask away!

i use these ones the 8mm ones, they pull the steal up really well to be fair, you can use them maybe 10 times each and they are good.

Brilliant. Thanks. 👍

Edited by Ben Rose, 25 June 2019 - 06:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares