#1 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:09 PM

For sale. A Mazda 323f banger racing car. £395 ono.

This car was originally my daily drive. Bought as a stock gap car after being involved in an accident. Decided it wasn't worth putting through its MOT (and wanted a different car) so decided to turn it into a banger racer. I started building it up for someone else to take part in a one off event but it never happened so the car sat for the best part of 9 months, half built. I've finally got round to finishing it off and as it is no longer required have decided to sell it as a ready to race car.

The car is a 1.4 (on the logbook, in reality 1348cc) so was built for the under 1600cc Rookie class. Despite only being a 1.4 it was surprisingly quick (I used it every day for the best part of 9 months driving back and forth to work on the M6 toll and it would quite comfortably keep up with traffic)

The car has been built to Startrax rules and was intended to race at Hednesford Raceway near Cannock. While it has been built to the rules, as it has never raced and has not been put through tech inspection I will not gurantee it will pass (I'm have no reason to doubt it wouldn't though).

The car has 6mm plates bolting all passenger doors shut and a 15mm door plate.
H frame is made from 100x100x3mm steel box section with 6mm end plates.
Driver foot well plate is made from 6mm
Steering column adjustment has been welded up to prevent it moving.
Steel fuel cell made from old fire extinguisher. Has a capacity of just less than 2 gallon. Vented from the top and filled from the top through a screw on cap made from an M20 bolt.
Battery relocated to the rear seat and is held by metal clamps inside a plastic battery box.
Kill switch mounted to the roll cage by the N/S/R window
5 point harness with 3" wide shoulder straps. Mounted by wrapping around roll cage and the use of quick release fixings.
Drivers seat is the passenger seat out of a Vauxhall Vectra and is secured to the H frame bar by a chain.
Fuel lines are 3/8" rubber line with the mandatory fuel cut of tap in reach of the driver.
Car starts off the key although is idling a little rough at the minute. This may just be because it has sat for a while. Is fine once revved up. I will try and look into this.
All wheel weights removed from wheels.
Bonnet and boot bolted shut.
Bonner has corner plates welded to prevent bonnet being pushed back in the event of a (inevitable) crash.
Black, green and yellow paint job (yellow is a little patchy but is bright and colourful).
A and B pillar as well as the H frame B around the driver has been padded with foam.

Viewing welcome.

As Photobucket isn't working at the minute below is the link to the same advert on gumtree so you can take a look at the photos (I'm in the process of setting up an alternative to photobucket so once I have I'll post some pictures up here).

Buyer is responsible for making sure that the car meets their requirements and their racing bodies rules.

While it should be obvious I will state it. The car has no MOT, insurance or tax so must be trailered away.

Car located in Telford, Shropshire

Cash on collection only.

Car will only be released once payment has been received and the V5 document signed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users