70 replies to this topic

#31 Mat

Mat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:17 PM

Thanks, nor me. Itll look better once the number plate brackets are sorted, and Ive welded up and painted over the holes in the bonnet.

#32 gadget555

gadget555

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:42 AM

Look's good, great progress.

#33 Mat

Mat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:45 PM

No pictures recently, I've been wiring. Bought a second-hand '84-on harness to match my a-plus engine, and replace the horrible mess that a previous owner 'fitted'. Quite enjoy wiring, but it's not very exciting to look at! Looks like my target of the 19th of May is probably out of the window, and even to have it ready for Beajlieu means I will have to embrace the rattiness and not paint it for now- oh well.

Edited by Mat, 27 June 2018 - 08:40 AM.

#34 Mat

Mat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:36 AM

Well, that went badly. Finished the wiring, with only a couple of fleshy-processor errors (wired the dizzy backwards), got everything built up and ready for Beaulieu. Drove it two nights before, and she's a bloody nightmare- twitchy, loads of squeal on corners and generally not very pleasant at all. It's my fault, I fitted the negative camber items without thinking about it properly so everything is way out of alignment. On the upside, I found a nice interior at Beaulieu-pics of current progress to follow.

xCDjvFe.jpg

Sitting ready for a test drive, sans splitter- I didn't like the look of the speed bumps at our campsite at Beaulieu.

R08BHMr.jpg

A naughty buy- DSN door furniture kit.

6bPPGvf.jpg

Another naughty buy- custom DSN switch panel

xNXj1cg.jpg

Dash fitted with new switch panel- fairly pleased with this, need a rev counter though.

OyeYZzm.jpg

My new interior-so pleased with this!

ebU8GdT.jpg

qtBdvdO.jpg

DSN on red- makes me feel all funny...

#35 Mat

Mat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:38 AM

Next on the list is to sort the suspension, re-bush the steering column, and obtain some steel wheels to have banded. Still love the supaslots she sits on, but I'm not sure they suit the rest of the car really.

#36 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,427 posts
  • Local Club: M.M.O.C

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:36 AM

Loving the look of this thing it looks ace, and you cant beat some DSN in there....

#37 Mat

Mat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:24 PM

Loving the look of this thing it looks ace, and you cant beat some DSN in there....

Thanks very much! Contrary to her scruffiness, I have taken a fair bit of time getting it to look the way I want so that's appreciated.

#38 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,427 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:34 AM

Thanks very much! Contrary to her scruffiness, I have taken a fair bit of time getting it to look the way I want so that's appreciated.

I love its honest look, its not all about shiny eat your dinner off cars I mean there is no fun in those as you cant drive them. I do need to get my hands on one of these one day...

#39 Mat

Mat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 11:58 AM

Just won a set of steels on ebay- now I just need to send them off to be banded, after I've decided on colour. I was originally thinking bronze, but maybe a cheeky bit of rust paint over the original grey would look a bit different?

#40 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,427 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 12:52 PM

Just won a set of steels on ebay- now I just need to send them off to be banded, after I've decided on colour. I was originally thinking bronze, but maybe a cheeky bit of rust paint over the original grey would look a bit different?

ooo I do love a set of banded steels... i think black would look nice as well, or I have seen a red steels with a white car look pretty hot rod like....

#41 Mat

Mat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:23 PM

ooo I do love a set of banded steels... i think black would look nice as well, or I have seen a red steels with a white car look pretty hot rod like....

Yeah, went off the rust paint idea about three minutes after I typed it! Red might look quite nice, not sure about putting chrome hubcaps on red though?

#42 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,427 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:55 PM

Haha an just red steels no caps....

#43 Mat

Mat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 07:23 PM

Re-bushed the steering column today, after checking the splines- too hot to do anything meaningful.

JTFL0fF.jpg

I'll refit it tomorrow, and re-centre the rack at the same time.

#44 Mat

Mat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:09 PM

Sorted the suspension- set it to standard lengths for now. Also refitted the splitter- now my legs have gone all funny! ?

nLPUkYZ.jpg

NTf3TH4.jpg

Edited by Mat, 07 July 2018 - 09:10 PM.

#45 Jared Mk3

Jared Mk3

Has a small thing but it does make a difference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts
  • Local Club: MOCKZN

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:19 PM

That does look good!