#46 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,427 posts
  • Local Club: M.M.O.C

Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:44 AM

I well like the look of that with the splitter on the front never thought it would suit a Hornet/Elf but this does look ace! Nice mean look to it..

#47 imack

imack

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:25 AM

Never been much of an elf/hornet fan but there's something about your car I find quite appealing.

#48 Mat

Mat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 02:07 PM

Thanks all! Really pleased with it, took it out for a proper drive/local show today, it’s not perfect by any means but is a good base to work from.

#49 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,427 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:43 AM

They don't need to be perfect just as long as your enjoying them! :)

#50 toromod

toromod

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 08:59 PM

just started the restoration of my 68 Elf so this made interesting reading!

#51 Mat

Mat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:49 PM

Long time, not much done! Picked up a vac gauge at a show, haven't fitted it yet.

2OCaEMF.jpg

Bought some Minivation hinges- no more bruised head for me! Had to adapt the RH one to clear my non-standard brake cylinder. Had a spent bullet case to hand, which fitted nicely.

aiakrff.jpg

Bought a new cylinder head at the same time, a big valve Metro one. I'd been feeling that the standard SPI head was strangling things somewhat, so hopefully this should help until I have a breakdown and buy a K-Series...

2WqBCC9.jpg

bH6Ja8H.jpg

U8uwMcj.jpg

I bought a tracker months ago which needs activating a bit sharpish, so once the head is on that'll be next.

Edited by Mat, 30 December 2018 - 04:56 PM.

#52 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,427 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:48 AM

Loving the look of this little car!

#53 Mat

Mat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:10 PM

Thanks, I'm quite fond of it myself!

#54 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:52 PM

Is that a spanner bracelet? How cool! 

Lovely car too. 

#55 Mat

Mat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:24 PM

It is, from here:

http://www.kwicksilv...uilt-not-bought

They're Snap-on spanners heated and shaped to fit- my wife bought it for me a few years ago. Love it!

#56 DUF2

DUF2

Formally known as DUFfi

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Local Club: Whickham & DMC

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:39 PM

Bought some Minivation hinges- no more bruised head for me! Had to adapt the RH one to clear my non-standard brake cylinder. Had a spent bullet case to hand, which fitted nicely.
aiakrff.jpg

How are the hinges? I have heard varying reports about the fit and operation of them.
With having the Riley grille, access under the bonnet is compromised so reall could do with something like this.
Glad you like the paint job on Duffy!

Edited by DUF2, 15 January 2019 - 07:40 PM.

#57 Mat

Mat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:59 PM

How are the hinges? I have heard varying reports about the fit and operation of them.
With having the Riley grille, access under the bonnet is compromised so reall could do with something like this.

Fit is very good- I haven't used them much as I'm still messing about with the head. The only reason I had to adapt it was because my brake cylinder is from a later car so fouled the gas strut stud.

#58 DUF2

DUF2

Formally known as DUFfi

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Local Club: Whickham & DMC

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:15 PM

Fit is very good- I haven't used them much as I'm still messing about with the head. The only reason I had to adapt it was because my brake cylinder is from a later car so fouled the gas strut stud.
A little while ago I looked at their website, it suggested they were updating the kit for Elf/Hornet. Yesterday when I looked there were no hinges listed for the Elf/Hornet!

#59 Mat

Mat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:56 PM

A little while ago I looked at their website, it suggested they were updating the kit for Elf/Hornet. Yesterday when I looked there were no hinges listed for the Elf/Hornet!

Nope, they've stopped making them- sadly there aren't enough Elfs or Hornets to provide much of a market. I think I know of another set if you want some?

#60 Mat

Mat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:32 PM

Dragged her out (literally) today to finish wiring in and register the tracker.

3SWG0ro.jpg

Comes with a window sticker- always a winner for me!

kxs8BQo.jpg

And an app to show where the car is, what it’s doing (idle, switched off or running), and to allow me to switch off the ignition should it be nicked.

3IFGX7Q.jpg

This is from www.classic-tracker.com and is a subscription service, totally worth it though I think. And Nick who sold it to me is a cracking chap, registering and answering my questions on a Sunday!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users