Jump to content


Hrcr Regs Questions

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mini.rich


    Super Mini Mad

  • TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Location: Lincs

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:12 PM

Hi guys,


hopefully someone here will be able to give me a bit of info.. I'm looking at doing a few of the Clubman events next year, as I want to make use of my 1972 1000 and I've always fancied a bit of road rallying. 


I'm wondering what distributors are allowed? I've got a Megajolt set up which was going to be fitted, but I'm guessing this is not allowed? So I'm looking at Aldon distributors, BUT I wanted to fit one that is fitted with the ignite electronic points replacement(for reliability and ease of setup), is this allowed? or would it need to be points?


I'm running a 1098 bored to 1120, st3 295 head, 266 cam, lightened flywheel etc. 


There are other things I want to know but I seem to have forgotten them right now!! But I want to buy a distributor this week as it's all that I need for the engine.





#2 nicklouse


    Moved Into The Garage

  • TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,510 posts
  • Location: Not Yorkshire

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:21 PM

I would get hold of the Homologation Papers for your car from the MSA


that is the first point of call but any change has to be period.

#3 minisi35


    One Carb Or Two?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club shropshire

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:15 AM

Hi Rich , you would be in category 2 which is the one I converted my own car to compete in.


have a look at the link below which I was advised to look at to see which modifications where allowed.


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares