52 replies to this topic

#46 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:54 PM

It'd probably snap in half on the way to the test anyway!

From pictures of the welding it looks done well. It's not held together with Frostie the tiger and filler at least.

Edited by minihobbymini, 11 September 2017 - 06:55 PM.

#47 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:06 PM

I would have liked this just for the fun of it. I'm bored with going to shows and seeing the same boring addons and rich kids who just want to conform to the norm.
I used to get people enjoy my mods but nowadays I go to hot rod shows to get away from the skinny jean wearing haters.

I'm old enough to remember mini shows when there were some real diamonds in the rough. Mods were plentiful and the people resourceful.
Mini 30 was probably is high point imo.
People just aren't tolerant of each other and are too keen to burn fingers in the name of a quick buck.

I hope I do see this at shows. Like it or hate it at least it would be a focal point and something interesting. I doubt it will be there though as the seller is just making a buck and the buyer will catch a cold.

Shame

#48 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:22 PM

If the buyer gets it running and mots it though would anyone know until they had a crash and the insurance got involved, would the mot tester just test it? If you declared it to the insurance would they ask for an iva or not?

#49 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:27 PM

There's an insurance thread on here with Adrian flux? a rep answered questions and this was asked. I'll see if I can find it.

It's that old thing about ignorance of the law again. You wouldn't say that it's ok to drive on bald tyres because you hadn't checked them. It's the responsibility of the owner to make sure their car is legal and roadworthy.

#50 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:37 PM

I'm sure there are plenty of mini owners that play dumb hoping they'll never have a problem, as long as it shows as taxed motd and insured their unlikely to have a problem until it's too late. Has anyone had an iva after fitting a flip front or taking the seams off a car?

#51 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:39 PM

You'll have to ask them lol

#52 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:48 PM

Yeah that will go down as well as when I asked someone how a 60s car was reshelled in the 70s when it was legal using a 90s SPI shell, lol

#53 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:22 PM

£3333 Wow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users