2 replies to this topic

#1 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:54 PM

Im trying to see if my Dads old Ford Granada is still around, Ive typed in the details on the dvla website which shows last taxed in 2001, does this mean it hasnt been scrapped if it shows up. Does anybody know if cars can be located some how??

#2 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,778 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:13 PM

Im trying to see if my Dads old Ford Granada is still around, Ive typed in the details on the dvla website which shows last taxed in 2001, does this mean it hasnt been scrapped if it shows up. Does anybody know if cars can be located some how??

Cars rarely seem to show up as officially scrapped on the DVLA database and usually the last taxed date is when the car left the road and was dismantled or scrapped. There is always a small chance though it is sitting somewhere off road or in a garage/barn, if the car shows up as Sorned there is a fair chance that someone is keeping it for a reason. Unfortunately the DVLA won't give details of the last owner although you can try with a 'good reason' using the V888 form below and £5.

https://www.gov.uk/g...about-a-vehicle

Some members on the Mk1 forum say they have been able to get the DVLA to forward on a letter to the last or current owner but I guess it all depends on who you deal with at DVLA as to how helpful they are.

http://mk1-forum.net...php?f=5&t=20000

Edited by mab01uk, 07 September 2017 - 08:16 PM.

#3 MIGLIACARS

MIGLIACARS

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:44 AM

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users