#1 TheFabMini

TheFabMini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:07 PM

Hello,

Having owned a 2009 Mini Cooper D I decided I had to get myself a 'proper' Mini! so here is my 1984 Mini City

Attached File  IMG_5844.PNG   491.12K   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_5843.PNG   502.53K   0 downloads

It has been off the road since 1999 and garage stored. had lots of shiny new parts and all the rust sorted.

My girlfriend thinks im mad but I think it is absolutely brilliant! new distributor cap and rotor already ordered through mini spares, so the winter project begins! 

#2 blueovalcraig

blueovalcraig

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:11 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum. Nice mini. The first mini I ever remember being in was a 1984 mini city in white.

#3 cyoshg

cyoshg

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:22 PM

Hi, nice Mini, stick yourself a nice Maniflow on it with rubber hangers, not too much of a big bore to keep it sensible but nice :), in my opinion anyway - you could just bolt a magic down-pipe straight on to manifold, easy job for DIY'er, as i've just done it myself..

#4 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:26 PM

Welcome to the forum, nice project. One of the things that you may want to consider is becoming a TMF+ member. It only costs £5 and one of the benefits is you'll be able to get discounts from suppliers including 7.5% off MiniSpares and it supports the forum as well.

#5 TheFabMini

TheFabMini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:59 PM

Welcome to the forum, nice project. One of the things that you may want to consider is becoming a TMF+ member. It only costs £5 and one of the benefits is you'll be able to get discounts from suppliers including 7.5% off MiniSpares and it supports the forum as well.

Sounds like a good idea! The list of bits I need is growing

#6 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:02 PM

Sounds like a good idea! The list of bits I need is growing
Glad you're going to join us. Supporting the forum is important because there will come a time when you will need advice.

#7 TheFabMini

TheFabMini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:34 AM

First job to fix. Oil leak, on closer inspection the sump plug doesn't tighten up so seems the previous owner ruined the sump thread... I used to work for Wurth and sold timesert kits which I know are very good but very expensive.. does everyone here have a lot of success using normal helicoil kits???

#8 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:01 PM

First job to fix. Oil leak, on closer inspection the sump plug doesn't tighten up so seems the previous owner ruined the sump thread... I used to work for Wurth and sold timesert kits which I know are very good but very expensive.. does everyone here have a lot of success using normal helicoil kits???

As with any of them, what you use is secondary to being able to screw it in squarely in situ.

by the way for future, post this type of query in the technical section for a better response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users