#1 muller295

muller295

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:58 PM

Hi,
I've been working at getting the Mini (a 1992 SPI) MOT ready and I'm running into quite some issues, most of them regarding placement or fitting of things.

1. Cutting out a rotten floorpan, I accidently cut through a steel brakeline... So I've been looking for a replacement, but there are lot of types and I'm not sure which one to choose, so if somebody could leave a link of the brakeline I need, that would be perfect. The line starts at a distributor (the one going downwards on the 1st photo/ the left one on the second photo) or something and runs under the righthand side of the car, all the way to the rear wheelarch (see photos). Attached File  image.jpeg   43.81K   0 downloadsAttached File  image.jpeg   55.06K   0 downloads

2. Staying on the topic of accidently cutting through things, I cut through a brown-blue wire near the exhaust manifold. Does anyone know what it's for? I'm assuming that it plugs onto the connector on the last photo, is that correct?
Attached File  image.jpeg   76.45K   0 downloadsAttached File  image.jpeg   43.66K   1 downloadsAttached File  image.jpeg   45.51K   0 downloads

3. Then there's the heater. Does the black thing on the first photo go under(green arrow) or on top of the holes/inside the 'box' (red arrow) on the second photo?Attached File  image.jpeg   27.31K   0 downloadsAttached File  image.jpeg   32.19K   0 downloads

4. The edges of the boot were completely rotten, so I replaced it with the 10" deep replacement plate of Minispares. Unfortunately I had to cut off the tank bracket and I'll have to weld it back in place now. Does anyone maybe have a picture of how it should look like?Attached File  image.jpeg   49.04K   0 downloads

5. I als found out that there's no rear exhaust bracket for the rubber mounting, so I bought a replacement one to weld on, if anyone had a clear closeup picture of where its mounted, that would be greatly appreciated.Attached File  image.jpeg   33.4K   0 downloads

6. I'm not sure how to mount the mirrors, am I missing a mounting kit or something maybe? Attached File  image.jpeg   29.6K   1 downloads

7. And finally the last one, how do you mount the heater cable? Attached File  image.jpeg   37.44K   2 downloadsAttached File  image.jpeg   36.53K   1 downloads

OK, that was quite a post. Thanks for reading all the way to here, and ifyou know the answer to any of these questions, please let me know!

Edited by muller295, 10 September 2017 - 10:34 AM.

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,935 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:14 PM

6 they are not original so but may be some rivnuts.

7 pull clip back hook ring over lever place outer between bracket and clip press clip back into place.

#3 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:26 AM

2 Manifold heater is brown/blue so yes your right that's where it goes

FS

#4 MacGyver

MacGyver

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:50 AM

3 Green arrow, just 2 screws hold it up.

Ben

#5 muller295

muller295

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:23 PM

Ok, thx for the replies!
Nobody knows which brakeline I need?

#6 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,935 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:34 PM

just make one to fit.

#7 MacGyver

MacGyver

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:32 AM

Have a look on Minispares site or give them a call.
I guess from the pictures it's the one from front to back for a 85on car... But as Nicklouse said, you can just make one to fit.

Edit
I guess this should do: HMV102
But your first picture is misleading as you point to the front line and on the second the front/rear line.

Edited by MacGyver, 11 September 2017 - 03:39 AM.

#8 muller295

muller295

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:10 AM

Yeah HMV102 is probably the one, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users