#32 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,777 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:26 AM

I would like to know just who owns the designs and, possibly less importantly, the tooling for their products. I have tried some more to find out what happened, but have drawn a blank, If the company was liquidated, and there is some evidence to suggest that, the liquidator is obliged to sell everything of value to the highest bidder. It does seem that someone, somewhere owns the rights to the twin cam head and the 6 speed box. Maybe that party wants to just sit on them and do nothing, but there must still be money to be made.

There was some more information in link below on the Mk1 forum a couple of years back:-

Jack Knight Twin Cam Heads

http://mk1-forum.net...php?f=5&t=12686

Edited by mab01uk, 18 September 2017 - 06:27 AM.

#33 Udo

Udo

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:29 AM

Udo......you know where one is.... that's sitting around.. not being used... Man don't tell me that unless it comes with a contact number...what's the chance....

Chance? - Zero, he wont sell it, end of.

#34 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:22 PM

I would like to know just who owns the designs and, possibly less importantly, the tooling for their products. I have tried some more to find out what happened, but have drawn a blank, If the company was liquidated, and there is some evidence to suggest that, the liquidator is obliged to sell everything of value to the highest bidder. It does seem that someone, somewhere owns the rights to the twin cam head and the 6 speed box. Maybe that party wants to just sit on them and do nothing, but there must still be money to be made.

Maybe BMW (or whoever came after them) bought up all that stuff and just shoved it in a cupboard.

Not because they ever wanted to produce it, just because they didn't want those products on the market place?

#35 StraightCut

StraightCut

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:33 AM

:gimme:

Udo......you know where one is.... that's sitting around.. not being used... Man don't tell me that unless it comes with a contact number...what's the chance....

Chance? - Zero, he wont sell it, end of.

Never Say Never I find....keep knocking you just never know... :gimme: 

#36 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,899 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:09 AM

I remember back in 96 pricing up a 6 speed box for a hillclimb car. no change from about 7k (pounds sterling).

#37 Udo

Udo

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:01 AM

There's one for sale been posted on Classic Mini Racing on facebook today - In Japan and only £8,600.00 (350,000 yen) (probably plus shipping and import taxes)

Edited by Udo, 20 September 2017 - 09:02 AM.

#38 StraightCut

StraightCut

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:59 AM

Hi Udo, So the one posted on Classic Mini Racing Facebook, I couldn't access, was it a closed group on fb ?
Thanks....

#39 AP2020

AP2020

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 07:45 PM

Bit of an old revival, but to straighten the record, there were 2 different sets of ratios for the 6 speed, both 5 & 6 are overdriven gears and they never made the 6 speed helical synchro, it was almost made, but they only created the drawings and never got round to making it , the only 6 speeds ever made were SCCR dog boxes.

And as above they were or if you have one are almost indestructible but they like all things do wear.

#40 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • 13,844 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 28 June 2021 - 09:41 PM

I know this is an old thread now (and for a change, not revived by me !), however, this thread on the Piston Heads Forum is well worth a look;-

There was a guy on Piston Heads who put a 6 speed VFR set into a casing (albeit with modifications) and he did a fairly detailed description of it. It's taken me a while to find it https://www.pistonhe...7&t=1634061&i=0  but unfortunately Photobucket has blocked the pictures.

I really have to 'doff' my hat, 3 times and with high honors to Matt who's planned and carried out much of this most brilliant and amazing work, so well planned out and fabulously executed. I can see there's a zillion hours in this build - so far - with about 1/2 a zillion to go. I'm in awe.

#41 Mini ManannĂ¡n

Mini ManannĂ¡n

Well I'll be buggered if I can find it

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,824 posts
  • Local Club: man Estate

Posted 29 June 2021 - 07:42 PM

Bit of an old revival, but to straighten the record, there were 2 different sets of ratios for the 6 speed, both 5 & 6 are overdriven gears and they never made the 6 speed helical synchro, it was almost made, but they only created the drawings and never got round to making it , the only 6 speeds ever made were SCCR dog boxes.

And as above they were or if you have one are almost indestructible but they like all things do wear.

I know this is an old thread now (and for a change, not revived by me !), however, this thread on the Piston Heads Forum is well worth a look;-

There was a guy on Piston Heads who put a 6 speed VFR set into a casing (albeit with modifications) and he did a fairly detailed description of it. It's taken me a while to find it https://www.pistonhe...7&t=1634061&i=0  but unfortunately Photobucket has blocked the pictures.

I really have to 'doff' my hat, 3 times and with high honors to Matt who's planned and carried out much of this most brilliant and amazing work, so well planned out and fabulously executed. I can see there's a zillion hours in this build - so far - with about 1/2 a zillion to go. I'm in awe.

That's Matty who's on TMF (occasionally), runs Fusion Fabrications

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users