3 replies to this topic

#1 SE10 Mini

SE10 Mini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:03 PM

Just thought I would be polite and do the right thing and say hell on here.........

I have just bought and collect tomorrow my X Reg 2000 Mini Cooper Sport in Tahiti Blue.

Cant wait to have it in the garage, I previously owned a Red Mini One as my first car, which I wrote off after 21 hours of passing my test, so its nice to be back in the same kind of car that I learnt to drive in!

I will be reading a scouring these pages a lot for information and tips.

My first question is, when searching for parts etc for these Minis, what are they referred to as? Classic Mini? Rover Mini? Rover Mini Cooper Sport?

Second question is, is there a list of things that people recommend to do to the Mini straight away?

Thanks in advance.

SE10 Mini

Attached File  IMG_5064.JPG   85.61K   2 downloads

Attached File  IMG_5063.JPG   43.7K   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_5065.JPG   30.72K   0 downloads

#2 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:12 PM

The first thing I would recommend is becoming a TMF+ member, it only costs £5 and entitles you among other things to discounts of various suppliers including 7.5% from Minispares. More importantly it supports the Forum, and you're no doubt going to be asking the Forum for help.

If your looking for parts you'll find a lot of suppliers out there and a lot of them are rubbish. Try and stick to the main stream ones such as Minispares etc. If you look on their website you'll see what the parts are called and more importantly what the part numbers are. Be very careful if buying of internet auction sites, the quality is very often rubbish.

First thing I'd do is an oil and filter change but it needs to be the correct oil not just any old oil, the reason being unlike modern vehicles the gearbox and engine share the same oil .

Good luck with your new project.

Edited by Northernpower, 14 September 2017 - 01:13 PM.

#3 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:45 PM

Welcome to TMF

It's an MPi referring to the engine and fuel injection system used in this model. Typically you will see it referred to post 1996 Cooper or Cooper MPi for most of the consumables and such. As commonly a Sportspack (to do with the large wheels and arches)
Nice looking car I love Tahiti Blue Sportspacks and the interior looks good.

FS

PS In the Technical section you will find a specific fuel injection (SPI/MPI) one.

Edited by FlyingScot, 14 September 2017 - 01:46 PM.

#4 blueovalcraig

blueovalcraig

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:28 AM

Welcome to the forum. That's a really nice mini. I was 16 in the year 2000 and had wanted to buy one of the last minis brand new and I really wish I had but I got a job as an apprentice in a Ford garage and bought a Focus instead............. anyway, I've got a mini now. Needs loads done to it but I've got it lol !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users