#1 73MkIII

73MkIII

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:55 AM

Hi all,
I am hoping to start my project thread shortly and was wondering, with all the issues with photobucket early this year, what photo hosting would people recommend?
I don't want to start a thread and have a third party hold me to ransom for the use of my own images.

Any advice welcome.

#2 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:49 AM

Personally now I use imgur. I have numerous threads on here that I used Photobucket for and all affected.

#3 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:11 AM

I use imgur and find it easier and much quicker than photobucket was.

#4 73MkIII

73MkIII

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

Personally now I use imgur. I have numerous threads on here that I used Photobucket for and all affected.

thanks guys will look at that now.

#5 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:22 PM

When you've imported your pictures click on the one you want and a list of options will appear on the right side of screen (on a pc). Scroll down to the bottom of the list and copy this option and paste it into your post.

#6 73MkIII

73MkIII

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:06 PM

When you've imported your pictures click on the one you want and a list of options will appear on the right side of screen (on a pc). Scroll down to the bottom of the list and copy this option and paste it into your post.

Copied the link and realised it hadn't worked like it should. Just edited the post to put the forum link code in rather than the straight imager code. thanks for the tip.

#7 73MkIII

73MkIII

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:50 PM

If I make my albums private on Imgur will the images still show on here when I post them? I just got 3 times as many comments on photos without any explanation on there than I did on here..... I just wanted the photos hosted there.

#8 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

If I make my albums private on Imgur will the images still show on here when I post them? I just got 3 times as many comments on photos without any explanation on there than I did on here..... I just wanted the photos hosted there.

Mine are set to private on Imgur but here with no issue.

#9 73MkIII

73MkIII

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

Thought that would be the case so I will change the privacy on imager as I don't want to run a forum there too.

thank you

#10 creakyjaws5533

creakyjaws5533

My jaw needs oiling. Where's the WD40??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:23 AM

Think I’m missing something when trying to upload I’m copying the B.B. code as suggested on Imgur but it just posts the link not the photo?

#11 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:34 AM

Think Im missing something when trying to upload Im copying the B.B. code as suggested on Imgur but it just posts the link not the photo?
It works best on a PC, click in your image and make sure you scroll right down to the very bottom option on the right hand side of the screen and click copy and then paste the link into your post.

#12 creakyjaws5533

creakyjaws5533

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 09:46 AM

Think Im missing something when trying to upload Im copying the B.B. code as suggested on Imgur but it just posts the link not the photo?
It works best on a PC, click in your image and make sure you scroll right down to the very bottom option on the right hand side of the screen and click copy and then paste the link into your post.

I’ve tried that this is what I can copy [url=https://imgur.com/dIlVTFX][img

#13 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:02 AM

I’ve tried that this is what I can copy [img

Seems to work for me

cEN4Lrp.jpg

[url=https://imgur.com/2hJai8h]2hJai8h.jpg

#14 creakyjaws5533

creakyjaws5533

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:07 AM

I’ve tried that this is what I can copy [img
Seems to work for mecEN4Lrp.jpg[url=https://imgur.com/2hJai8h]2hJai8h.jpg

Oh that’s very odd then, must be doing something wrong haha

#15 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:11 AM

Ive tried that this is what I can copy [img
Seems to work for mecEN4Lrp.jpghttps://imgur.com/2hJai8h]2hJai8h.jpg
Oh thats very odd then, must be doing something wrong haha
Are you sure you've scrolled right down to the bottom option and clicked on the copy button?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users