3 replies to this topic

#1 PetePinnington

PetePinnington

Formally known as PPinno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

As per title really, whats the average going rate for a solid 90s shell?
It's painted (by me so not perfect but it's not bad even if I do say so myself..) in smoke grey with an orange roof. Can be rolling which it is at the moment and would come with doors, bonnet, glass etc.

Current situation means selling it is the sensible thing to do but I don't want to let it go. And if they're not worth a lot then I'd rather rent a garage locally and store it away for a bit, while i get the clubbie estate sorted

#2 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,014 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:24 AM

Does it come with the V5? If so then it is probably worth up to £2000.

You never get your money back with an unfinished project and the best bet is probably to dry-store it and finish it later.

#3 tiger99

tiger99

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,584 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:25 PM

If you don't have the V5 it will never legally go on the road in the UK, so you would be looking at finding a buyer who wanted it strictly for track use, or possibly export.  But if you do, I agree with Cooperman, store it safely for when you have time to deal with it. My thinking is that minis are tending to rise in value. so storing it and any related parts may outpace inflation. It all depends on how cheap you can get the storage. Buying a standard shipping container and having it craned into your garden (if circumstances permit) or having a second garage or large shed built are the sort of thing that I would be inclined to do, speaking from having made the error of not taking one of these options myself earlier.

#4 PetePinnington

PetePinnington

Formally known as PPinno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:55 PM

It would go with a v5. It even has an Mot on it. £2k was well over double what I was expecting to be honest considering it's nothing desirable.

Fortunately I have managed to get hold of a garage for £25pm which is dirt cheap so it's being kept for the time being. I'll just sit it up and forget about it for a year or two. Cheers for the replies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users