3 replies to this topic

#1 nuttyitalian

nuttyitalian

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:48 AM

Hi...can anyone recommend anyone in the Crewe, Cheshire area that could supply and fit new bonnet stripes?  There is obviously Bluebell, but they charge an arm and a leg! Many thanks in advance, Lisa

#2 Bigalholden

Bigalholden

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:08 PM

Hi
Mine had white bonnet stripes when I got it and white chequers on a green roof. I liked the look but actually got bored with it. It seems everyone goes for the Cooperesque kind of look and I think it made my car look like I was pretending it was a cooper. All very good if that's what you want and it's your car so deginitely have whatever you like. As part of a partial restoration (long boring story but started with rust bubbles on the wing) I removed all the stickers. What a horrible mess underneath and a bit of a pain to do. If you want them just be sure you will always want them. My paintwork wasn't the best job and the stripes took some paint off when removed. Martin McCull (Google sticky fingers) does all kinds of stripes but you would have to apply them yourself. Failing that, buy them, and get any decent bodysuit to put them on for you.

#3 Bigalholden

Bigalholden

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:08 PM

Hi
Mine had white bonnet stripes when I got it and white chequers on a green roof. I liked the look but actually got bored with it. It seems everyone goes for the Cooperesque kind of look and I think it made my car look like I was pretending it was a cooper. All very good if that's what you want and it's your car so deginitely have whatever you like. As part of a partial restoration (long boring story but started with rust bubbles on the wing) I removed all the stickers. What a horrible mess underneath and a bit of a pain to do. If you want them just be sure you will always want them. My paintwork wasn't the best job and the stripes took some paint off when removed. Martin McCull (Google sticky fingers) does all kinds of stripes but you would have to apply them yourself. Failing that, buy them, and get any decent bodysuit to put them on for you.

#4 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Local Club: Northwest Casual Classics

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:13 PM

It's quite easy to do. Spray the area with some dilute wash/wax and take your time, the liquid lets you slide or lift the stripes as you apply them. Then, once you're happy, use a small squeegy to push out any bubbles and job done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users