#1 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,803 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:56 PM

The T-Charge (or ‘toxicity charge’) is being introduced on 23 October 2017 and will apply to all pre-Euro 4 petrol and diesel cars, broadly meaning most vehicles registered before the end of 2004. The T-Charge will cost £10 on top of the regular £11.50 congestion charge, meaning motorists with older cars entering the centre of London at peak times will have to pay a total of £21.50. Like the congestion charge, the T-Charge will run five days a week, Monday to Friday, between the hours of 7am and 6pm.

https://www.msn.com/...PJKX&ocid=edgsp

#2 r3k1355

r3k1355

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Local Club: East Anglia

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:51 AM

The area encompasses what is basically London's inner ring road.

You watch other ******* councils roll it out across an entire city and surrounding areas.

#3 DJS911

DJS911

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:26 AM

Interestingly I've just followed the OP's link to the website where you can put in your registration number to see if your car attracts the T charge and it seems that their database is way out of date.

I changed one of my cars in February and swapped my personal plate over at the time.
Putting that number in to the website brings up the details of the old car and says it is liable for the charge.
Putting in the number that the newer car was first registered with (and now doesn't exist) brings up the details of the new car and says it isn't liable which is correct.
DVLA site for MOT and vehicle tax checking purposes brings up the details of the correct, newer car.
Good job I'm not planning to drive into inner London any time soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users